Gransnet forums

Food

Very lazy unhealthy dinner

(67 Posts)
Witzend Fri 18-Nov-22 20:25:59

Dh is away and I just couldn’t be bothered to rummage through fridge and freezer to see what I could cook. Had to nip to the corner shop anyway so picked up two packs of SuperNoodles and had both of them.
And a crumpet.
And a Mars Bar.
Enjoyed it! 🙂

Franbern Sat 19-Nov-22 18:35:38

Aussiegran do wish you had not mentioned pancakes. My bestie comfort food, but served with maple syrup for me. Far too easy to make - I love them.

Still I am certain that occasionally breaking out and just eating for sheer enjoyment of taste, etc rather than considering calories and nourishment must be good for us.

Just enjoy!!!!!

BlueBelle Sat 19-Nov-22 18:27:47

Couldn’t resist just had my instant noodles, curry flavour with a handful of raisins and some Mayonaise

Hetty58 Sat 19-Nov-22 18:23:50

One granddaughter likes curry supernoodles with an egg dropped in - for the occasional treat. It's not too unhealthy compared with all the sweets I ate at her age.

CanadianGran Sat 19-Nov-22 18:13:05

If DH is away, I tend to do a take-out Chinese and stretch it out to two days. Either that or eggs and the little potato patties that you can cook in the toaster oven. I love those.

I can easily see how one's diet can slide a bit on the healthy scale if living alone. But for short term, it's nice to have a guilt free easy meal.

Blossoming Sat 19-Nov-22 18:05:29

Pistachios are my guilty pleasure. Sorry, I know it’s a bit boring! In their shells, obvs., popping the shells is half the fun 😁

Whitewavemark2 Sat 19-Nov-22 17:59:26

Just eaten - Banana custard made with birds custard.

Bea65 Sat 19-Nov-22 17:56:44

Have just had my noodles with grated cheese and added baby spinach leaves/wild rocket on top so made it healthy!grin

MrsKen33 Sat 19-Nov-22 17:30:01

My go to would be a pork pie followed by a Mars Bar for pudding

HousePlantQueen Sat 19-Nov-22 17:01:49

Where I used to work there was a small convenience store within walking distance and I used to sometimes treat myself to a pot noodle with a veg samosa to dip in it. Divine. My quick supper at home when I can't be bothered to cook is toasted cheese and a sliced apple on the side. I hate cooking dinner.

MayBee70 Sat 19-Nov-22 16:46:24

Tim Spector actually said in one of his blogs that really good quality crisps are good for blood pressure because they are high in ( I think) potassium.

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Nov-22 16:06:33

Now that is the food of the Gods. And it has to be ready salted crisps, really good butter, and really ‘bad’ bread grin
It’s the textures 😋

MayBee70 Sat 19-Nov-22 16:04:11

I love a crisp sandwich. With mayonnaise.

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Nov-22 16:03:54

Apologies for being a noodle pedant, but BlueBelle is referring to Pot Noodles, not Super Noodles.
Bombay Bad Boy is a type of Pot Noodle, one which I have not tried.
I like Chicken and Mushroom, Curry flavour and Beef and Tomato.
I often have one as a snack in the middle of the night when I take my painkillers. I have a kettle in my bedroom.
It might be of interest to know that all Pot Noodles are vegetarian.

Callistemon21 Sat 19-Nov-22 16:00:45

As I've never, ever eaten a Pot Noodle I'd better stop posting on this thread 😀

Everything stops for brew

Urmstongran Sat 19-Nov-22 15:58:53

I ought to be doing something with my time other than posting on GN but it’s such good fun sometimes!

Urmstongran Sat 19-Nov-22 15:57:39

Maggiemaybe

Supernoodles? Are you folks made of money?

Try Ko-Lee (sp?) or the supermarkets’ own. Less than half the price and some of them even better (I know, I know, you’re all doubting now that anything could be tastier than a Supernoodle, but trust me on this).

I sometimes stir cheese into mine, FannyC. Or pesto from a jar. Because I’m very posh. grin

See?
Cheap noodles + loadsa money over to buy pesto.
There’s posh for you.
🤣

I don’t much like pesto so I’ll stick to my Super Noodles!

Urmstongran Sat 19-Nov-22 15:54:37

Super noodles only take 4 minutes in a pan with a mug of boiled water poured over them. Himself can’t stand the smell of them. He laughs when I have them. In fact I’ve just checked and we DO have one packet on the top shelf. Monday’s lunch, no question.

Urmstongran Sat 19-Nov-22 15:51:43

BlueBelle

I LOVE super noodles
I don’t…. but I could live on them and they are always my go to for a tasty snack
(Bombay Bad Boy yummm yummm yummm I sometimes take one to work for a lunch time snack and my boss always has to pop out and buy one when he smells mine )

Then perhaps think of taking TWO packets into work next time. One for your boss? He’d appreciate the thought.
A bit like taking an apple for the teacher ...
😁😇

Bea65 Sat 19-Nov-22 15:49:25

Yay for noodles especially with grated cheese on top! They always smell enticing, don't always have them but quite a few packs in cupboard..

Callistemon21 Sat 19-Nov-22 15:45:47

Abitbarmy

My DH is out tomorrow evening so I’m thinking of skipping a main course and just making a ginger sponge syrup pudding in the microwave and eating it with double cream whilst watching rubbish on tv. Bliss.

Oh yes!

My DB used to eat trifle for breakfast on Boxing Day.
DH would eat it for his dinner.

Callistemon21 Sat 19-Nov-22 15:43:48

Barmeyoldbat

Well I have never had a pot noodle, plenty of noodles in soup and various dishes while in SE Asia. But not a pot noodle.

Me neither.

Singapore noodles from M&S are good, with the stir-fry meal deal.

DanniRae Sat 19-Nov-22 15:40:35

My lazy meal that both Mr R (he's fussy) and I have is an egg and bacon flan (bought), frozen mash and baked beans. But I make it ever so fancy by putting loads of butter in the mash smile

grannydarkhair Sat 19-Nov-22 14:19:38

My go to meal is fish fingers, chips and beans. Takes no prep other than taking them out of the freezer and opening a tin, cooks in 20 mins. Totally lazy, but not totally unhealthy as beans counts as one of your five a day 😁

PamelaJ1 Sat 19-Nov-22 13:28:50

tanith

I had some leek and potato soup and a pasty so tasty 😋

So did we.
We practically lived on it when we were young and poor so I thought that in these days of austerity I would make. Huge batch this morning.
So for lunch tomorrow it’s……. Then on Monday….

dogsmother Sat 19-Nov-22 12:50:55

Mine is always omelette. No effort, very healthy and filling enough.