Gransnet forums

Food

Air Fryers? What to look for - reviews, tips, recipes, features etc.

(9 Posts)
ixion Mon 05-Sep-22 09:27:55

Just to get all the comments thus far in one place really!
Good points, bad points, are they better than combi ovens?
Can I make toast?

Basically, do I need one? (To paraphrase Mr.I?)

What cooks well? Would I need a slow cooker as well?

All points welcomed!

CassieJ Mon 05-Sep-22 09:35:06

I love my air fryer oven. Been using it a few months now. I cook almost anything that I would usually cook in my main over. It is so much quicker too and doesn't need to be pre heated, so saving costs there.
I have a pressure cooker too which I use for stews, casseroles, curry's etc. I can't remember the last time I used my main oven.
There is just me most of the time at home, so the size works for me. It works well for two, but a bigger family may struggle with the size.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 05-Sep-22 09:39:41

I’ve just ordered a ninja op350uk. It does everything as far as I can see.

I have noticed that they are selling well and out of stock in some places. Not surprising really.

ixion Mon 05-Sep-22 09:42:30

Would I need to look at how powerful they are (like a microwave) or purely the capacity?

How many 'functions' are necessary? (Bit like the underused programmes on a washing machine!)

Whitewavemark2 Mon 05-Sep-22 09:52:42

The one I’ve ordered 9 in1 does airfrying, roasting, sauté, slow cook, pressure, grill, dehydrate, steam.

MiniMoon Mon 05-Sep-22 10:53:44

I have had a ninja foodi 7 in 1 OP300UK for a couple of years. I love it and use it at least 3 times a week. I've also just invested in the Ninja foodi health grill and air fryer. It has most of the same functions as the foodi but also has a dehydrate function, grill plate, flat plate and air fryer basket with a bigger capacity than the foodi. I cooked pork chops on it the other day, they were perfectly cooked. I am impressed with it so far.

Grannyjacq1 Sun 11-Sep-22 15:05:34

Can anyone recommend a good recipe book for Ninja 300 - the one with 2 drawers?

martinjom Mon 17-Oct-22 06:57:16

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

wildswan16 Mon 17-Oct-22 07:48:06

Reported