Gransnet forums

Food

non-stick pancakes

(12 Posts)
rockgran Tue 04-Mar-14 18:12:27

Just made a stack of pancakes in my new(ish) ceramic pan with no oil or fat at all. No smoke either. They were delicious and we ate the lot with syrup and orange juice...just to undo any good. grin
Have you all had your pancakes yet?

broomsticks Tue 04-Mar-14 18:15:05

Damn, I forgot. sad sad

Icyalittle Tue 04-Mar-14 18:18:32

rockgran I really want one of those. The pan, I mean. Actually, now I really want pancakes too. Still time. [greedy emoticon] grin

merlotgran Tue 04-Mar-14 18:24:02

Just about to do ours. Made the batter this afternoon but have been too busy to stand in the kitchen.

That pan sounds good.

Dragonfly1 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:28:45

First time I've bothered since DH died. Enjoyed them.

whenim64 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:34:08

I had two with lemon and sugar. Pan is beautifully non-stick again. smile

annodomini Tue 04-Mar-14 19:46:09

I will have to have mine tomorrow or not at all - I ran out of milk today. i don't take it in tea, so often find I have none.

tanith Tue 04-Mar-14 20:25:34

Hubby cooked ours I ate 3 with lemon and sugar, delicious.

Icyalittle Tue 04-Mar-14 20:48:07

Daughter just made some for us using rice milk - she is off dairy in the hope of helping her baby's excema (still b'feeding). We couldn't taste any difference with lemon and sugar and they were yum.

yogagran Tue 04-Mar-14 21:01:43

Has anyone got an electric crepe maker? I thought that they sound superfluous but my DS has just got one and is delighted with it. Uses it for pancakes as well as drop scones (or whatever you like to call them) and Welsh cakes too. Apparently the whole family sit around the table and make them, beats standing at the cooker making stacks of pancakes while everyone eats them as soon as they're cooked and the poor cook waits till the end and gets nothing

durhamjen Tue 04-Mar-14 21:04:47

Yes, Dragonfly, I haven't made them since my husband died two years ago. Not much fun for one.
However, I had my grandson to remind me this morning, so he made them after we had taken his sister to school, then cooked them at lunchtime. He's 11 and he's learning how to cook and weigh and measure.
Whether he remembers or not is another matter. I think we may need to do them more than once a year for that.

Dragonfly1 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:17:37

So many things one stops doing after losing a spouse, jen, aren't there? So many things seem rather pointless now.