Gransnet forums

Discount codes/offers

Gousto now do boxes for 1,2,3,4 or 5 people

(27 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Croatia1 Wed 27-Mar-24 15:57:20

65% off first box, followed by 20% off all other boxes in first 2 months. Approx 100 recipes to choose from each week. Cancel easily anytime (even after first box if you wish).
www.gousto.co.uk/raf/?promo_code=JENNI43328196&utm_source=weblink

Calendargirl Wed 27-Mar-24 15:58:24

Reported.

Callistemon21 Wed 27-Mar-24 16:29:47

Advertising. Reported again.

Croatia1 Wed 27-Mar-24 18:05:36

Apologies if I've broken any rules I won't be posting again

Shinamae Wed 27-Mar-24 18:11:33

Goodness me, I think that Croatia1 was just trying to give us a heads up for some discounts on some food! 🙄
Please don’t let this put you off posting ..

Aldom Wed 27-Mar-24 18:24:30

Thank you for your post Croatial
Gousto meals are excellent quality. My family use them. Thanks to you I see they are now doing boxes for one or two people, so I might try them for myself. Don't leave.

Shinamae Sat 30-Mar-24 09:45:51

Never tried them before, but thanks to your heads up. I am going to give them a go so thank you..

Aldom Sat 30-Mar-24 11:06:19

Gousto food is all fresh and top quality. The meat supplied with non vegetarian meals is excellent quality. All herbs, spices, vegetables, rice/pasta comes in the box. I've eaten a few Gousto meals with my family and they are delicious. A recipe card comes with each meal. Using Gousto doesn't work out more expensive, but it cuts out shopping time and is inspirational.

w1u7 Sat 30-Mar-24 11:13:04

I have been thinking about trying these meals. Thank you

Croatia1 Tue 09-Apr-24 12:46:32

Thank you for all the kind responses on here, I will be staying on Gransnet due to these.

midgey Tue 09-Apr-24 12:50:30

Ooh that’s a great heads up Croatia1!

LadyGaGa Tue 09-Apr-24 13:03:10

I tried Gousto of years ago. I kept all the recipes and still use my favourite ones now. I only stopped after it got to full price, and while it may be good value for meat eaters, I resented paying the same price for vegetarian ingredients- it was sometimes just some veg and spices. They were really tasty though and we had some lovely meals. Might give it another go if it’s such a good offer 😊

Aldom Tue 09-Apr-24 13:17:04

Great to know that you are staying Croatial. smile. flowers

Mizuna Tue 09-Apr-24 14:03:38

Thank goodness. I was so sorry you were reported.

crazyH Tue 09-Apr-24 14:09:34

Thankyou Croatia1 - I‘m so glad - at last someone has thought of us - single people 😂

Rosie51 Tue 09-Apr-24 14:15:22

Is the link a personal referral one? It does look like it, and I think that should be made clear.

Croatia1 Tue 09-Apr-24 14:42:14

Hi Rosie Sorry yes I agree I should have made that clear. It is a personal referral code, but obviously people can go direct to the site to order if they wish although I think if they do that they will get 60% off first box as opposed to 65%. It's great they do a box for 1 in my opinion as I know a lot of people live by themselves especially as we get older.

Callistemon21 Tue 09-Apr-24 14:50:49

Mizuna

Thank goodness. I was so sorry you were reported.

To be fair, Croatia1 was a new poster and started more than one thread advertising Gousto as soon as delivery boxes of food were being discussed on another thread by posters.

As advertising has to go through GNHQ and it seemed that Croatia1 was advertising, I reported the threads.

As Rosie51 has said, perhaps making clear it was a personal recommendation might have been a good idea.

We'll look forward to seeing you on other threads Croatia1.

Chestnut Tue 09-Apr-24 16:49:04

Croatia1

Hi Rosie Sorry yes I agree I should have made that clear. It is a personal referral code, but obviously people can go direct to the site to order if they wish although I think if they do that they will get 60% off first box as opposed to 65%. It's great they do a box for 1 in my opinion as I know a lot of people live by themselves especially as we get older.

It may benefit us but you get £30 for each one of us that orders. Isn't that true? I have reported something similar for Octopus in the past. You are using the other posters here to make money and that to me is wrong. You stand to make quite a bit of money if people keep taking up this offer. It is meant for your friends and not for posting on a public site.

I think this thread should be removed.

keepingquiet Tue 09-Apr-24 16:54:16

I agree- it seemed like advertising to me but hey ho!

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 09-Apr-24 19:25:13

Hi all,

We just wanted to remind users that this topic is the correct one to post in, if you're looking to share discounts or your own referral codes.

We don't mind users doing this - we just ask that you contribute to the site on a wider level, too.

Welcome to the boards, OP! We're quite hot on spam here, so do report any that you see.

flowers

Shinamae Tue 09-Apr-24 22:48:48

LilyGransnet

Hi all,

We just wanted to remind users that this topic is the correct one to post in, if you're looking to share discounts or your own referral codes.

We don't mind users doing this - we just ask that you contribute to the site on a wider level, too.

Welcome to the boards, OP! We're quite hot on spam here, so do report any that you see.

flowers

Thank you!

Chestnut Wed 10-Apr-24 00:00:44

Well if this is allowed then the floodgates can open. All we have to do is find websites that offer cash incentives for referring a friend and we can post a link here and make lots of money!

Rosie51 Wed 10-Apr-24 00:44:48

Exactly! It's like pyramid selling only the first layer ever gets the benefit. At least make it mandatory that you declare you stand to gain financially to a significant degree.

Calendargirl Wed 10-Apr-24 07:27:52

Surprised this is allowed, as others have said.

One thing to point out offers, but different if personally benefitting each time.

Oh well, obv HQ think it’s ok.