Gransnet forums

Christmas

Very Bad Puss and the Nativity Set

(15 Posts)
Witzend Fri 22-Dec-23 12:16:35

This is one I made for Gdcs a few years ago, stable thrown in, which now sits in their front window every year - in her road many of the neighbours do a lovely ‘Advent Window.’

Only their ginger puss, known as Tiggy, has decided that it makes a great bed. He’s used it several times now so dd sent me a pic - my carefully knitted figures squashed or chucked aside!

Septimia Fri 22-Dec-23 12:25:55

Cats choose some strange places to sleep (ours play musical beds) but he's clearly picked one that's very comfortable - must be all those knitted figures ...

nanaK54 Fri 22-Dec-23 12:35:34

How lovely, made me laugh! grin

Greenfinch Fri 22-Dec-23 12:41:52

He looks so happy sitting there.

tanith Fri 22-Dec-23 12:44:53

I’m sure it still brings a smile to people’s faces with the furry addition. 😺

Esmay Fri 22-Dec-23 12:47:13

How nice of you to create a decorative box for your pussy cat to sleep in .

One Christmas , my mother who hated the holiday had just finished decorating our Christmas tree .

We sat down to supper and I noticed that the tree was swinging to and fro like a pendulum and with increasing speed .
Our cat had climbed up to attack a bird decoration and in her enthusiasm wrecked the tree .

A few Christmasses ago ,
I had just finished decorating a tree with glass baubles when there was an almighty crash .
My three dogs had taken the baubles off it at one side and pulled the whole thing over .

Joseann Fri 22-Dec-23 13:07:49

Join the club Witzend. Cheeky things!
Our one here is trying to become part of the Christmas scene on the sideboard.

toscalily Fri 22-Dec-23 18:23:22

Joseann Perhaps you should rename him Godzilla, looks so out of proportion to the Christmas scene.

AGAA4 Fri 22-Dec-23 20:32:17

You should never let a comfy sleeping place go to waste. Cats Code.

AmberSpyglass Fri 22-Dec-23 20:54:06

He’s the reason for the season.

Llamas99 Fri 22-Dec-23 21:06:14

Thanks for the giggles!

agnurse Sat 23-Dec-23 00:38:11

Tiggy is re-enacting a beautiful Christmas story that Jesus shivered with cold and only stopped shivering when a tabby cat lay next to Him. It is said that this is why all tabby cats have an M on their forehead, to show they are descended from Mary's cat.

(We do not have a manger set up yet but as you can see Qi (cue), one of our girls, is a Mary's cat. This is Qi enjoying her new box.)

agnurse Sat 23-Dec-23 00:40:06

I also really appreciate that you made a Nativity set for the DGCs and one that they can play with. I am a FIRM believer that children should have a Nativity they can use for play - this is how they internalize the Christmas story. When my stepdaughter was young, I made a Nativity for her from plastic canvas and yarn, using a kit. Now that she's grown up, my parents have it for the younger GC.

theDonDiddle Mon 12-Feb-24 10:06:00

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

MissAdventure Mon 12-Feb-24 10:08:16

Ah its half term.