Gransnet forums

Christmas

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is

(8 Posts)
ExDancer Thu 24-Aug-23 11:18:51

I'm thinking of buying a VTech KidiZoom PrintCam for my 5 year old grandson but it seems too good to be true.
Does it really take reasonable photos and then print them - all for £30?
Has anyone seen one?
Would you recommend?

crazyH Thu 24-Aug-23 11:24:02

The printing paper is probably twice the price of the camera !

Theexwife Thu 24-Aug-23 11:24:11

I didn't know what this was so read some reviews when I looked at it, all the reviews were positive, the only thing quite a few said was to buy an extra reel of paper as children take a lot of photos.

I think we were used to anything digital or electrical being expensive in our day, they are cheap items now.

lemsip Thu 24-Aug-23 11:30:00

why not just google reviews for it.. lots on there

annsixty Thu 24-Aug-23 11:49:51

I hadn’t heard of this but can say that everything I bought from VTech for my GC when they were young has been very well made and very well used.
That is some years ago but I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Witzend Wed 30-Aug-23 13:03:52

I’d def. read a lot of Amazon reviews* first!

A few years ago I bought VTech cameras (not with a printer) for Gdd and Gds’ birthdays - they were very successful presents.

*Very helpful when I was once contemplating a roaring, red-eye flashing dinosaur for a very small, dinosaur-mad Gds. One review said it hadn’t even lasted until the turkey was out of the oven! End of that idea, then.

Cressy Wed 30-Aug-23 14:08:17

We bought one for my 6 yr old granddaughter plus extra printing paper. Don’t expect the printed photos to be frame worthy! B &W and a bit grainy. She likes it though and you can save the pics as a digital print. Printing paper is not cheap.

BlueBelle Wed 30-Aug-23 14:11:32

My granddaughter had similar when she was a bit older probably 8 + and it was a five minute wonder although she loves taking phone photos now as a top end teen but it really didn’t get the use I d expected
Five is pretty young but if that’s what he wants !