Gransnet forums

Christmas

My 5 minute ‘arrangement’ - or 10 if you count the picking…

(11 Posts)
Witzend Tue 20-Dec-22 13:34:41

Inverted commas because there was no ‘arranging’ as such - I wouldn’t know where to start - I literally just shoved it all into a block of oasis in 5 minutes. Random bits out of the garden, plus a few trimmings from the tree, and holly nicked a few days ago from a huge hedge up the road.

And once again - I do the same every year - dh has failed to notice it or to say anything! I should be used to that by now, shouldn’t I?

Oreo Tue 20-Dec-22 13:41:10

OMG that arrangement is amazing! Like something from a florist.
Grab your DH and shove his nose into it right now.😆

AreWeThereYet Tue 20-Dec-22 13:42:57

My whole mantlepiece is stuffed with greenery, (fake) berries, flowers and candles. It is every year. It took 24 hours before Mr A said 'Have you started decorating for Christmas?' even after I turned the candles on in the evening 😄

He helped me to finish trimming the tree yesterday, the first time in 40+ years, and broke one of the glass baubles we bought when we had our very first flat. We could only afford six baubles after buying the tree and we use them every year. I had to laugh at the look on his face though, like a naughty schoolboy 😄

AreWeThereYet Tue 20-Dec-22 13:43:27

PS I meant to say it's beautiful Witzend

Oreo Tue 20-Dec-22 13:52:14

My DP scoffs the choccy things from the tree when nobody’s looking.😡

Witzend Tue 20-Dec-22 14:07:12

I bet mine would too, Oreo - except that they’re hidden - I’m saving them for the Gdcs to hang on the tree (and eat) when they’re staying over on the 22nd. They will very likely scoff any remaining when staying again on the 27th - but they might <just> spare one for Grandpa.

Witzend Tue 20-Dec-22 14:08:27

AreWeThereYet - we evidently have two of a kind!

Jaxjacky Tue 20-Dec-22 14:35:36

I went holly hunting yesterday, none to be found with berries.
That’s lovely Witzend.

peli Tue 20-Dec-22 19:34:55

It looks stunning! (Very professional!)

AussieGran59 Tue 20-Dec-22 21:36:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grammaretto Tue 20-Dec-22 21:41:56

Yours is splendid Witzend!
I made one today too based on a potato.
youtu.be/-5p10EcHIfo