Gransnet forums

Chat

Wretched Evri (M&S deliveries)

(3 Posts)
Witzend Fri 22-Mar-24 11:12:23

While staying at DD’s (she’s away for work) and finding an utter dearth of remotely presentable socks for Gdcs, I ordered a 7 pack for each of them the other day, and paid extra for a named day delivery.

The parcel did arrive, but very late, past the advised time.

To be on the safe side, re sock supplies, I then went mad and ordered another lot each, again named-day delivery.

They should have come yesterday, but still not here at gone 11 am.
I’ve had a 2nd apologetic email from M&S!

Once may be a glitch, but two in a row??

Frankly, if M&S can’t find a reliable courier service then maybe they shouldn’t be offering named day delivery at all.

And why they’re using Evri, when there are always so many complaints about them, I really don’t understand.
End of moan!

Theexwife Fri 22-Mar-24 11:16:30

I never had a problem with Evri until Royal Mail started delivering for them, before it was tracked and if I wasn’t in would be left with a neighbour or in a safe place at the stated time.

Now Royal Mail give a 12 hour window, will not leave with a neighbour or a safe place cannot be collected just will try the next day and then returned to the sender.

Witzend Fri 22-Mar-24 11:44:05

We must be lucky, then - anything via Royal Mail is always delivered promptly. For that reason I always choose RM if it’s an option.

My 2nd parcel of socks did eventually arrive - and Gdd1’s pack of 7 pairs contains only 6 and a half!!