Gransnet forums

Chat

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

(6 Posts)
Bea65 Sun 17-Mar-24 11:47:15

Wishing all my family in Donegal, California and The Netherlands a good day and of course, all you GNs on here shamrock Slainte

Kate1949 Sun 17-Mar-24 11:53:40

And to my family in Kilkenny, Kerry, all over the UK and other parts of the world. We have a big parade here in Birmingham today which I believe is one of the biggest in the world. Much fun to be had.

Primrose53 Sun 17-Mar-24 12:04:12

My Irish family are in County Tyrone, County Down mainly. Quite a lot live in the Philadelphia area.

Every year my Mum used to receive little boxes of Irish Shamrock in the post from all her siblings and she used to get so homesick. That tradition has stopped now since she passed away.

My Dad died 17 years ago today so a very slight tinge of sadness but some great memories. ☘️☘️☘️

Kate1949 Sun 17-Mar-24 12:07:11

We used to get those boxes of shamrock too Primrose from my mother's family in Kilkenny.

Jaxjacky Sun 17-Mar-24 12:24:17

To MrJ’s family too in Belfast, Donegal, Doncaster and Hertfordshire ☘️☘️ he’ll be wearing subtle green today and may well have a pint or two of the black stuff!

Bea65 Sun 17-Mar-24 15:24:01

Kate1949 great weather for Paddy Parade...I've put my washing out first time this year...Thank you St. Patrickshamrock said a little prayer