Book series

(31 Posts)
NanKate Mon 21-Nov-22 22:32:36

I enjoy reading book series set in different parts of the U.K. such as :-

Elly Griffiths East Anglia and Brighton
David Blake The Norfolk Broads
Damien Boyd Somerset
Cara Hunter Oxford

Can you recommend more series that you have enjoyed.

TerriBull Tue 29-Nov-22 18:05:12

Hi NanKate, I mentioned the Roy Grace books up thread, but forgot to say they were written by Peter James. A couple have been dramatised on tv with John Simm. There is an unfolding personal story relating to Roy Grace which is revealed little by little in successive books, so to get the best out of the development of the characters, read them in order. It's hard to remember which is which because they all have "Dead" in the title, but if you Google them they'll be in published order somewhere.

Chardy Tue 29-Nov-22 18:41:38

NanKate

I’ve just been recommended to Peter James books being set in Brighton. Any fans here ? Don’t know where to start with his books.

I live near Brighton, so was quite excited as I love my crime books. Maybe I got a particularly violent one, but not for me.

I would always say, start with the first one where the author spends time on the personality of the main characters.

NanKate Tue 29-Nov-22 19:57:04

Thanks TerriBull I will take your advice 👍

My son lives near Brighton Chardy so I too like books set there as I know the area quite well. Have you tried the great Elly Griffiths books set in Brighton in the 1950s/1960s can highly recommend. Need to read them in order.

Lizbethann55 Wed 18-Jan-23 22:08:09

Rebecca Tope has a series set in the Cotswolds and another set in the Lake District.

Mollygo Wed 18-Jan-23 22:26:57

Sahdhamn Murders -Stockholm Viveca Sten
Or for a little light relief, the Cadillac Series -Texas, by Carolyn Brown