Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Car seat query

(9 Posts)
ChickenLicken Mon 08-Apr-24 15:01:25

We have a new vehicle, which has 3seats driver, passenger & a middle ‘jump seat’. Each has a diagonal seatbelt, there’s isofix on the passenger seat but the jump seat isn’t wide enough for a booster seat. Anyone have any suggestions for a narrow booster seat? I had intended using a padded adjuster in photo for transporting 5 yo GDD. Government website doesn’t cover this specific situation. Grateful for any views on this. I’d normal need to transport for one 6 mile journey a week. There is no option of finding fitting rear seats in our circumstances. TIA

welbeck Mon 08-Apr-24 15:04:43

i'd take vehicle to halfords and ask them.
you must comply with regulations and they can be quite complicated.

Callistemon21 Mon 08-Apr-24 15:07:39

Yes, Halfords.

Dilemma Mon 08-Apr-24 15:14:00

Halfords do a small booster seat - it enabled my daughter to transport three children on her rear seat. I use booster seats with adult seat belts and adjuster clips for my 6 & 4 year old granddaughters.

ChickenLicken Mon 08-Apr-24 17:09:05

Thank you welbeck & Callistemon21 for your recommendations 😊 I’m delighted to say that when we went to Halfords, although initially dubious, after trying several options we came away with two new car seats which solved my problem 😁👍
One very relieved Nan here 😊

ChickenLicken Mon 08-Apr-24 17:10:54

Thank you too, Dilemma Halfords staff were great today, so glad to have sorted the issue 😅

keepingquiet Mon 08-Apr-24 17:15:03

Halfords or Smyths Toy store have trained staff to give free advice

HowVeryDareYou2 Mon 08-Apr-24 20:37:47

I think I need to go to SpecSavers - I thought the heading said "Cat treat query" grin

Callistemon21 Mon 08-Apr-24 21:34:35

I'm glad you got sorted, ChickenLicken

I remember them being very helpful when we were looking (although it was a while ago!).