Gransnet forums

AIBU

Delivery of new router in transit from BT via Royal Mail

(45 Posts)
Alie2Oxon Mon 26-Feb-24 16:04:04

AIBU to be annoyed that I was given a three hour window on Friday (10.01 to 1.01 pm) for delivery, and have still not received the router today (Monday) and now have no idea when it will arrive?

Aiming to phone them again in the morning...

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 16:29:43

YANBU!

I'd be on to them now.

NotAGran55 Mon 26-Feb-24 16:31:27

Not good. What does the tracking say?

Alie2Oxon Mon 26-Feb-24 16:50:57

All I know is it's in transit....
Just had another look..al I can get is
"Sorry, no options are currently available for this parcel."
...no idea why I can't get any further.

Theexwife Mon 26-Feb-24 16:58:03

I only have trouble with Royal Mail, always delayed and in my town no option of collecting so never know when things are going to be re delivered. You are not being unreasonable.

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 17:26:59

Are you on a local Facebook page?
There may be someone on there, asking if they know a certain Alie2Oxon and wondering why her parcel was sitting on their doorstep.

It seems to happen a lot here (usually Evri or Amazon as Royal Mail is usually fine).

SeaWoozle Mon 26-Feb-24 17:58:06

Alie2Oxon

If it's with Royal Mail then you won't be able to track it until they've tried to deliver it! Bonkers, I know.

Yodel and Evri are trackable via the app. Don't always go by the tracking on the website where you bought it from. Go to the actual couriers website.

Alie2Oxon Mon 26-Feb-24 18:17:02

Ordered and arranged by BT engineer on Friday. I just had to ok it when they phoned.

...sorry, never got into Facebook - or apps. I'm 83 and disabled, not much I can do myself, and all I want is a working internet for research and writing...don't really want to get into tech stuff!

Alie2Oxon Tue 27-Feb-24 18:46:00

I phoned them again and got much more! It
should be delivered tomorrow, and having explained all over again, I should be offered help with pitting it in!

NotAGran55 Tue 27-Feb-24 19:10:15

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you. Let us know how it goes won’t you.

SeaWoozle Tue 27-Feb-24 19:13:09

Alie2Oxon

I phoned them again and got much more! It
should be delivered tomorrow, and having explained all over again, I should be offered help with pitting it in!

Yay!

I have everything crossed for you 🤗

Alie2Oxon Wed 28-Feb-24 13:08:24

No! Doorbell rang, large black parcel at the last minute...cut the black plastic off - it's a garden sprayer I only ordered yesterday.

I've now waited for six separate 3-hour windows for this thing.
I have to make another phone call....

SeaWoozle Wed 28-Feb-24 13:59:05

Alie2Oxon

No! Doorbell rang, large black parcel at the last minute...cut the black plastic off - it's a garden sprayer I only ordered yesterday.

I've now waited for six separate 3-hour windows for this thing.
I have to make another phone call....

For goodness sake. That's ridiculous. Sorry it's still not sorted 😔

Alie2Oxon Wed 28-Feb-24 14:50:49

Not your fault and not even BT's fault (or do I mean EE?)
I've just spent 55 minutes on the phone speaking to a very nice woman from Dundee about it.
Royal mail seem to have mislaid my parcel.
They (RM) are starting an investigation as to where it is.

I have discovered one thing, that I can plug one phone in to the back of the old router (not the white socket) if things go haywire - we're nearing a date for VOIP.

The lady from Dundee finally decided, after speaking to them while I hung on, to order another... I still don't know when anything might arrive.

Then I had a very nice chat with her about Dundee, as I used to live there!

Alie2Oxon Wed 28-Feb-24 18:44:38

I just got another email:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us recently.
We've now closed your complaint. Your reference number is '**'.
Sorry again about the issues you've had. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we handled it, please give us a call. "

Uh? did they find it? Is it coming? If so. when?

SeaWoozle Wed 28-Feb-24 19:03:39

Alie2Oxon

I just got another email:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us recently.
We've now closed your complaint. Your reference number is '**'.
Sorry again about the issues you've had. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we handled it, please give us a call. "

^Uh? did they find it? Is it coming? If so. when?^

Probably just a standard automatic email regarding your first router & the fact you rang up, complained & they've (allegedly) sorted you a new one! To be honest, I'd just ignore it. Wait until the next one makes its appearance then leave feedback for both encounters!

Marydoll Wed 28-Feb-24 19:52:04

SeaWoozle

Alie2Oxon

If it's with Royal Mail then you won't be able to track it until they've tried to deliver it! Bonkers, I know.

Yodel and Evri are trackable via the app. Don't always go by the tracking on the website where you bought it from. Go to the actual couriers website.

I had something like this the other week. I tracked it all the way to the Glasgow Mail Centre, told it would be delivered the following day, then I got the message:
Sorry, no options are currently available for this parcel..

It had been sent to the Isle of Bute in error. Post codes totally different.
Much to my surprise, it turned up eventually.

Jaxjacky Wed 28-Feb-24 20:00:20

You’ll probably end up with two Alie2Oxon 🙂.

Alie2Oxon Thu 29-Feb-24 09:56:22

I've now had a text on my mobile to say that "my Digital Home Phone should be up and running tomorrow"

Frankly I'm panicking.
All these messages are 'no reply'.

What do I do if nothing works tomorrow?

Alie2Oxon Thu 29-Feb-24 11:08:52

Ringing again, and waiting for a ring back about Royal Mail

biglouis Sat 02-Mar-24 12:19:42

Ive had a lot of trouble caused by BT and their bl**y digital voice program. Had to have an engineer sent out to make the old landline work with the new smart hub. 5 minutes after he left it stopped working. So I had to buy a new BT phone designed to work with said smart hub.

Last weekend there was a glitch of some kind which affected me and my nephew - so presumably other folks in my area. When I tried to ring his home phone it was going immediately to voice mail. Same his end. We could only communicate via mobiles. After 3 days the problem mysteriously disappeared.

They have brought in this new technology far too soon and it is full of bugs.

AlwaysSmiling Sat 02-Mar-24 12:30:23

I am with Virgin Media and without me even asking them for a new one, they delivered my brand new up todate router by hand, fitted it for me and also installed my old landline phone into the router and gave me an emergency back up phone with batteries in case there is a power cut. Great service, been with them since they were NTL in the 1980's. I have a friend who is with BT and she is always popping round to my house to use my phone as hers has stopped working. Her landline is still plugged in to the old type wall socket.

Marydoll Sat 02-Mar-24 12:55:40

AlwaysSmiling, Never had service like that from Virgin Media. It's difficult enough to get to speak to a real person, never mind get a new router.
When we do, we have to fit it ourselves.

Callistemon21 Sat 02-Mar-24 13:10:26

Marydoll

SeaWoozle

Alie2Oxon

I had something like this the other week. I tracked it all the way to the Glasgow Mail Centre, told it would be delivered the following day, then I got the message:
Sorry, no options are currently available for this parcel..

It had been sent to the Isle of Bute in error. Post codes totally different.
Much to my surprise, it turned up eventually.

I sent a Christmas card years ago to friends in rural Gloucestershire, complete with correct post code but the postcode is Welsh 🤔
It arrived about three months later, having been up to John O'Groats.

Callistemon21 Sat 02-Mar-24 13:11:33

Alie2Oxon

I've now had a text on my mobile to say that "my Digital Home Phone should be up and running tomorrow"

Frankly I'm panicking.
All these messages are 'no reply'.

^What do I do if nothing works tomorrow?^

Compensation!