Gransnet forums

Webchats

Jane Cunningham aka BritishBeautyBlogger Q&A

(111 Posts)
GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:18:12

Beauty writer, Jane Cunningham has blogged as British Beauty Blogger for six years as well as writing regularly for print. Her reputation for straight talking, no nonsense reviews and first beauty news has made Britishbeautyblogger.com one of the most respected and popular beauty blogs in the UK.

I wanted to say if a product was rubbish and not just discretely ‘not mention it’.. I just felt consumers had a right to know if they were throwing their money away.

Jane's main interest is make-up - she is an avid collector of limited editions - but her knowledge sits across the board on hair care, skin care, fragrance and treatments, including non-surgical treatments such as fillers or botox.

Post your skincare, beauty and hair care questions for Jane below by midday on May 8th

NanSue Thu 15-May-14 21:32:38

I have some really bad raised pigmentation patches on my face, (I think it maybe called "hyper pigmentation??) mainly at the tops of cheeks. Any suggestions of how to get rid, or at the very least disguise them please? Here's hoping. Many thanks

annodomini Fri 16-May-14 10:18:46

What a thorough series of replies from Jane. Very helpful and encouraging. Many thanks to Jane.

cyberjack Sun 18-May-14 08:24:24

Before my daughter's wedding I had never been one for 'treatments'. I walked through Fenwicks one day and was lured into having a free skin analysis by the Trueskin company. I knew the result of putting my face in one of those light boxes would be ghastly but the assistant was great and we discussed some laser treatment on my thread veins and various facials I could try. This resulted in a few months of treatment at half price (they often do deals) and a really private and understanding discussion of my 'needs'. The company has moved to Bluewater now and have an even better salon. It's incredibly private and I found non-pushy. I was so pleased that I went on to pay for laser treatment of the sun damage on my chest and back and am really impressed that the many, many huge dark freckles and age spots are gone.
I am nowadays so careful in the sun and still very pleased that I ventured into the first dept store freebie skin analysis. Trueskin is called Medispa at Bluewater it's the position Brown Salon. Very discreet and lovely staff.

Lolasgran Mon 23-Jun-14 12:34:12

A smear of Vaseline on eyebrows should keep them in place at night, or use a cleaned old mascara brush for a groomed look

Yveset Tue 22-Jul-14 06:31:03

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MiceElf Tue 22-Jul-14 06:43:36

Reported

Coll4918 Wed 19-Jul-17 12:32:19

Hi, my question is : I'm suffering badly with sweating through the menopause and having to take steroids regularly which means I get that horrible look of a sweaty red face, it literally looks like I have just stepped out of a shower some days!
I use a primer on my eyes and face before I apply my makeup but it literally last about five minutes before it's just slides off. Any suggestions?

cassiale Wed 31-Aug-22 10:01:53

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Grannynannywanny Wed 31-Aug-22 10:06:16

The Birkenstock spammer with the comical translation is back. Reported.

Georgesgran Wed 31-Aug-22 11:07:57

His/her post is hilarious-totally unintelligible!