Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Hannah Waddingham

(27 Posts)
Callistemon21 Mon 15-Apr-24 19:18:30

"Show a little leg" said the photographer to Hannah Waddingham as she went into the Albert Hall to host the Olivier Awards 😯

Hannah Waddingham responded: “Oh my God, you’d never say that to a man, my friend.”

She warns that she will move on if they continue in that vein, saying: “Don’t be a dick, otherwise I’ll move off. Don’t say ‘show a little leg’. No.”

👏👏👏

Jaxjacky Mon 15-Apr-24 19:23:38

I just mentioned this to MrJ a minute ago, good for her.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Apr-24 19:25:20

Good for her 👏👏👏

welbeck Mon 15-Apr-24 19:32:33

yes, i just saw it on the news.
i've no idea who HW is, but like any right-minded person, i applaud her standing up for herself, and for women's dignity.
i noticed she got a round of applause for it.

AmberSpyglass Mon 15-Apr-24 20:24:21

She’s absolutely brilliant

Urmstongran Mon 15-Apr-24 20:33:59

She’s very glamorous. Good for her not being manipulated by the photographer!

Maggierose Mon 15-Apr-24 21:31:58

I was at the Olivier awards. I’d never heard of Hannah Waddington but she was a marvellous host. Totally owned the stage and so glamorous. Well done to her for sticking up for women and calling out sexism.

pascal30 Mon 15-Apr-24 21:38:26

impressive

LOUISA1523 Mon 15-Apr-24 21:42:47

I had never heard of her until i saw her in Game of Thrones.....but think she's had a very successful stage career before that

petra Mon 15-Apr-24 21:48:43

If you have Apple TV look for the series Ted Lasso, very funny.
She was also in Les Miserable.
Obviously lots of you aren’t fans of Eurovision. She was a presenter last year.

Callistemon21 Mon 15-Apr-24 23:06:59

I've never watched Game of Thrones but I am aware of who she is, I've seen her presenting something else. Well done, Hannah.

There are some dinosaurs still out there!

henetha Mon 15-Apr-24 23:20:49

Good for her...
She was very good in Ted Lasso.
And was a musical theatre star I think.

Joseann Tue 16-Apr-24 07:40:36

She's cool. I love the way she headed off inside to be photographed, and promptly showed a leg on HER terms!!

Allsorts Tue 16-Apr-24 07:52:08

Know nothing about her but applaud her saying what she did and doing things on her terms, good for her.

Astitchintime Tue 16-Apr-24 07:55:18

I hope the photographer responsible for such a request gets the sack, although he could be freelance, in which case we can only hope that no publications buy his photographs in the future. What a caveman!!

Georgesgran Tue 16-Apr-24 09:18:50

I looked her up last year, when she was the lead in the Baileys Christmas Choir advert and also shredded ‘stuff’ in the M&S one too.

Callistemon21 Tue 16-Apr-24 09:35:48

Joseann

She's cool. I love the way she headed off inside to be photographed, and promptly showed a leg on HER terms!!

Oh I missed that 😁 👍

eddiecat78 Tue 16-Apr-24 09:45:33

She could teach a lot of the other "celebrities" about how to look glamorous without taking most of their clothes off. She reminds me of the old style film stars

Lomo123 Tue 16-Apr-24 09:51:37

Another one echoing well done to Hannah correcting the photographer.

Callistemon21 Tue 16-Apr-24 09:58:01

Astitchintime

I hope the photographer responsible for such a request gets the sack, although he could be freelance, in which case we can only hope that no publications buy his photographs in the future. What a caveman!!

I don't think he should get the sack but hope he has most certainly learnt a lesson.

Visgir1 Tue 16-Apr-24 10:08:52

Good for her.. She is a class act I think she a brilliant example of how a star should behave.
I saw her in the West End years ago, when she was in Spamalot, and thought wow she's good. She really is very good in everything I have seen her in.

JenniferEccles Tue 16-Apr-24 17:00:57

Although I know why all of you are saying what all of you are saying I would just like to put forward a different thought.

I’m not necessarily saying I disagree with everyone but celebrities are all about being noticed, aren’t they, and most importantly they want photographers to be pointing their lenses at them, especially when they are turning up at a glamorous function like this.
After all the dress, although beautiful, did have a long slit along the side, so I imagine the photographer was hoping for a pose with the leg showing through the slit.
Nothing too tasteless in that surely?

Yes of course there is no comparison with men arriving at the function but then there wouldn’t be.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 16-Apr-24 17:13:45

Can't she look glamorous without showing bare flesh, JenniferEccles? It's her choice what she shows, not that of some idiot photographer who can't appreciate a beautiful woman without seeing bits she is not choosing to show.

MayBee70 Tue 16-Apr-24 20:12:13

JenniferEccles

Although I know why all of you are saying what all of you are saying I would just like to put forward a different thought.

I’m not necessarily saying I disagree with everyone but celebrities are all about being noticed, aren’t they, and most importantly they want photographers to be pointing their lenses at them, especially when they are turning up at a glamorous function like this.
After all the dress, although beautiful, did have a long slit along the side, so I imagine the photographer was hoping for a pose with the leg showing through the slit.
Nothing too tasteless in that surely?

Yes of course there is no comparison with men arriving at the function but then there wouldn’t be.

She has done photo sessions where she shows her legs ( which are to die for she says enviously) and she often shows a lot of cleavage. So I don’t think the photographer was totally out of order. I’m sure photographers say things like that when they’re doing photo shoots. Having said that I do think she’s absolutely fabulous and loved her on Eurovision. Do think she should have just ignored the remark, though to be honest.

Callistemon21 Tue 16-Apr-24 21:10:44

She has done photo sessions where she shows her legs ( which are to die for she says enviously) and she often shows a lot of cleavage.

She was showing her legs and cleavage when she wanted to, on her own terms, not because a man demanded she did.