Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday April 17th 2024

(52 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 17-Apr-24 05:37:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight and clear sky at the moment here in brackley and of course its dry.
My usual routine with buses etc , see if I see anymore former workmates .
Then its a dose of cycling on TV this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 17-Apr-24 05:54:42

Hola 👋 from a dark and dry 🇪🇸 where the Spanish chamberpot ☕️is just as full as the Welsh one always is 😂

I know Ive missed some anniversaries and birthdays recently so here’s some cava 🍾🥂 to go with the 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 which we have oodles of although it can be cardigan cool in the evening still.

Meeting a friend for ☕️ at the local flea market this morning before a mooch along the stalls - something usually takes my fancy!

Meeting other friends for drinks later but it won’t be a late night as Mr PG is still recovering from the lurgy! I seem to have gotten away lightly with just a few 🤧 and sore throat.

May all your appointments run smoothly and good news be plentiful 💐

grandMattie Wed 17-Apr-24 05:58:43

Good morning from a dawning Bristol. I hope we won’t have any of these sudden showers/hail today as I’ve done the washing and shall hang it out.
Yesterday, I got very annoyed. I went to my outdoor tai chi class. It lasts only for 30 minutes; it takes me 25 minutes to walk there each way. The teacher spends a good 10 minutes of it registering the students, and we always get a shorter class. Yesterday, we had barely begun when a chainsaw was used the other side of the hedge; hardly serene. We moved to another area - she still finished a little later than half past… grrr
Today, I’m going to morning prayers in church after which my neighbour will kindly take me to have my COVID booster at a walk-in centre. I’m not sure if she’ll have hers at the same
I trustvtha5btodaywill be peaceful to all. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩time.

grandMattie Wed 17-Apr-24 05:59:44

Thanks pant. I much prefer cava to Prosecco!

Mizuna Wed 17-Apr-24 06:02:21

Good morning from a dry, breezy Cornwall. Yesterday I decided to tackle the huge buddleia hanging over my patio, but only reachable from the wood above. Armed with my saw and long-handled secateurs and one crutch I climbed up into the greenery and managed to cut the shrub right back and decimated the largest brambles too... sooooo satisfying. Then my younger son messaged to suggest a coffee in town, so that passed a very pleasant couple of hours. His photography and/or taxi shift tales are always entertaining.

Today I'm on an early bus to a library in another town where I'm giving an origami demonstration to the fortnightly craft group. Serves me right for telling the organisers I enjoy paper-folding. 😁 After that I'll come home and chill with a good book.

baubles Wed 17-Apr-24 06:04:07

Good morning from dry South Lanarkshire.

We enjoyed our meal out last night, the staff were just attentive enough and the food was good. Very different from our previous experience thankfully.

Looking forward to the Glesgae Grans meet up this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 17-Apr-24 06:15:48

Morning all, haven’t opened the curtains as DH is still soundo 😴

Our builders should be here with the Head Honcho first thing, I think it is going to be rather a stressful meeting. I shall endeavour to curb my steroid opinion on what I think should be done (I will channel MaryDoll )

Later I am having lunch with my oldest friend, I have known her for 50 years, through thick & thin, I anticipate much laughter and lots of nattering.

Enjoy your meet-up Glesgae Grans

Wishing you all a good day 🙋‍♀️

monk08 Wed 17-Apr-24 06:18:47

Good morning all from the Black country rather cloudy rain predicted for later doesn't like to disappoint.
Early start DH fishing and I'm helping at playgroup.
Yesterday's appointment at opticians did not go to well I'm being referred to eye hospital for a second opinion, optician not happy with the scan.
Glesga grans enjoy your meet up, and everybody else have a great day whatever your plans.
Will catch up later with everybody's happenings ☀️

kittylester Wed 17-Apr-24 06:30:14

Good morning all from a bright but chilly North Leicestershire - my phone tells me that the temperature is only 3°.

It is the final session of this Carer's course, the focus being on Carers caring for themselves today - so treats are in order.

Our cleaners should arrive at 8.45 and DH is off to the gym and then has a volunteer drive this afternoon.

Have the best day possible all.

brook2704 Wed 17-Apr-24 06:33:07

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry and cloudy start to the day
Good luck with the meeting with the builders Gg13 deep breaths …….
That’s annoying gMattie especially as you make such an effort to get to and from the class
I’m up early this morning as I’m travelling down to Glasgow and really looking forward to the Glesca Grans meet up 😀
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Bellasnana Wed 17-Apr-24 06:34:52

Good morning from Malta where it is bright but extremely windy. High of 19°C.

The boys woke at different times this morning so two breakfast sittings today.

Hoping we can get out later but with gale force winds predicted it may not be possible.

I enjoyed seeing Rafa back on court yesterday. He plays again today but his opponent will be tough to beat. Nevertheless, I will enjoy watching.

Enjoy your meet up Glesca grannies and hope the day is kind to everyone.☀️

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Apr-24 06:41:50

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞Northampton, but showers forecast again. We had several sudden torrential showers yesterday, but luckily the washing had dried and I had already got it in.

Spent most of the day packing, just a few last things to get into one suitcase; the other is done and waiting in the hall. I am being picked up mid-morning to be driven to Portsmouth, which is where we are leaving from. Should be there early afternoon, just in time for lunch!

My DSis's birthday today; wondering how it will be celebrated in her care home, but I am sure they will make a fuss of her. Cannot call her, as family have taken her phone away - she was getting very confused and making random calls, not really knowing who she was speaking to. When I was little I always used to wonder how she was younger than me, as her birthday comes three days before mine! (She is two years younger).

May we all have a good day.

Susan56 Wed 17-Apr-24 06:50:09

Good morning from Shropshire.Another day of sunshine but with a cold wind.

Yesterday was really busy.I was exhausted when we got home.

Another busy day.We are going over to Cheshire to mum’s today.Usual lunch out and shopping.First I have to call in to town to get new batteries for my blood sugar monitor.When we get home we will make a meal to take over to DD2’s tomorrow.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 17-Apr-24 06:54:40

Good morning from a dry but very cold Cornwall.
We had a lovely meal here (as usual) with MzOops anda wander down to the beach, only about 50 yards away then back to our little tiny house.
Pantglas pleased you’re having a good time, you just reminded me it’s our 53rd wedding anniversary today, MrOops was surprised too!
Anyway a day of helping MzOops pack her fragile stuff then a car full of stuff to take home, the real reason for our visit.
Up early so that I can walk without bumping into walls, my head should be ok by the time we leave here to go to her cottage.
Have a good day everyone, hugs to those who aren’t too chipper today.

Ashcombe Wed 17-Apr-24 07:01:41

Good morning from a fine day in Torbay.

I admire your ability to overcome difficulties, Mizuna, to achieve your goals! Your break seems to have given you renewed vigour!

Yesterday morning was a difficult one as there are issues at our theatre regarding storage of Props and I was concerned to witness what was tantamount to bullying of our rather diffident but dedicated Props lead by the company chairman.(female) In my teaching days I saw too much of such behaviour (amongst the adults!) and find it intolerable in any situation.

A quiet day here as we both need to recharge. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

monk08 Wed 17-Apr-24 07:03:40

Happy Anniversary Oopsadaisy 🥂🎉.

RosesandLilac Wed 17-Apr-24 07:06:53

Good morning from bright, sunny south Glos, yesterday’s hailstorms caught me out with washing on the line too!
DD left yesterday midday so I spent the afternoon tidying.
I had my phone consultation with the cardiac consultant who’s arranging an ECHO and probably an angiogram. Having waited 16 months for a review I don’t expect these to happen any time soon or even this year 🙄
Today I have a manicure appointment this morning, nothing else planned except for dog walking and probably some gardening.
I hope you all have a lovely day 🌹

karmalady Wed 17-Apr-24 07:07:51

Good morning from s somerset. Sun for a bit and then cloudy and cool all day

What a nice satisfying day for me yesterday. I got stuck into some deep cleaning in the kitchen and also got rid of a few bulky things. The high part of the garage is also done and I am ready for a tip run today. Heavy wood, I am wondering why I put a heavy plank up there. I had to be very careful lowering it

I am planning on cutting out a caftan today, probably linen/viscose that is in my stash. Something I turn to wearing at home when the weather gets unbrearably hot. I am going to use my new vintage beauty of a machine for this. Yesterday I replaced the old bulb for a new led bulb, bright white light and cool, the old bulbs on sewing machines get very hot and have a dull yellow light

Have a good day

Pittcity Wed 17-Apr-24 07:15:44

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Chilly and breezy. Rain due back later.

I'll be back in jeans and jumper for our Wednesday morning coffee meetup.

Happy anniversary to the Oopsies 🥂

Love to all 🦩 x

cornergran Wed 17-Apr-24 07:16:19

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset.

Yesterdays appointment outcome was a little unsettling for us both, a challenge or two ahead it seems. Off for a meeting at the GP practice this morning, it’s a bit of a talking shop. Grocery delivery and dust removal after lunch.

Happy anniversary mr and Mrs oops. Enjoy your cruise bluesapphire. Safe travels to the Glesca Grans and anyone on the move today.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

GrannyIvy Wed 17-Apr-24 07:19:51

Good morning from Cambridgeshire only 4 degrees but sunny! Yesterday was a stressful day with DD2 and her house buying issues. Today DH is out cycling and a planned shopping trip for me to a small outlet with my sister. She starts her new job next week so having a day together today. She has 6 more years before she can retire! Hope everyone has a good day☀️

NanKate Wed 17-Apr-24 07:25:04

Good morning Mick and All from a sunny/cloudy South Bucks.

Meeting two old friends for lunch today for a long catch-up I suspect.

Yes Bellasnana wonderful to see Rafa back on court. I agree today’s match will be much harder.

Greyduster Wed 17-Apr-24 07:35:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and we are set for a nice dry day. I have inside windows to clean this morning, and then writers group this afternoon at the library. Last week’s “homework” task was to write a poem using words of only one syllable. I had no idea how challenging that was going to be!
Have the best day you can folks.

glammagran Wed 17-Apr-24 07:40:00

Good morning to you all.

Childcare over the last 2 days went well again apart from DGS banging his knee very hard on the rim of a garden pot and screaming blue murder for a couple of minutes.

My 48 hour ECG results are now in my medical notes with no accompanying note of any kind, just pages of graphs which mean nothing to me as a lay person and I wasn’t even told they were there. I queried the lack of information and have been given a GP appointment at the end of next week.

Happy belated birthday greetings GM. 💐
Wishing you a lovely cruise on SofA BlueSapphire. Will look forward to some photos.

Have a good Wednesday all.

Marydoll Wed 17-Apr-24 07:40:38

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it's only 3°C.

Oops, I hope your vertigo eases and you can enjoy your break.

G.G, go for it girl! You can use the medication as an excuse for a rant.

GM, I hope the side effects aren't too bad.

Roses and Lilac, I hope you don't have to wait too long. Last year, I waited a year, but I informed them it was too late, when the appointments came. I had been admitted to hospital and everything and more had already been done within days. My GP kept hassling the consultant, until I was admitted.

My plans didn't quite go to plan yesterday. I crammed lots into the morning and planned to rest in the afternoon. Just as I got home, DS2 called to say he was dropping in with Babydoll.😍
DIL is back at work and staggering his generous paternity leave has meant we see a lot more of him.

At one point I looked at her sitting on my son's knee and started welling up. She is my clone, isn't she mum?, he said.
On two occasions as a child, DS suffered from anaphyllactic shock and his heart stopped. I never thought he would reach adulthood. 😪

A dose of Dollie after school filled our cup to overflowing.
She is an excellent mimic and her impression of her teacher (an ex colleague) had us in fits of laughter. 😂

I am off to meet the Glesca Grannies today and so looking forward to seeing everyone. It will take me ages to get up the hill and I may need to do a detour via J.L for a rest and then in the backdoor to avoid those steep steps. 😁!
I will repeat to myself, ^You do not need any more clothes, you do not need.....^😉

Enjoy your day folks.