Gransnet forums

Chat

I laughed today and it felt good.

(29 Posts)
Sago Tue 16-Apr-24 15:10:23

We have a great sadness in our lives right now but something today made me laugh out loud and it felt so good so I thought I would share it with you.

Our daughter and son in law are both very high achievers, our 9 year old granddaughter had a friend to sleep over on Saturday.
During dinner the friend announced she wanted to work hard at school and be a surgeon when she was older, our daughter asked our granddaughter if she had any vocation…..she announced proudly she just wanted to breed and sell hamsters😂😂😂😂

Grannybags Tue 16-Apr-24 15:25:04

That’s lovely Sago

Glad you managed a chuckle flowers

AGAA4 Tue 16-Apr-24 15:41:41

Made me laugh too. Children are so good at lifting the spirits.

GrannyIvy Tue 16-Apr-24 15:46:55

The last few years have been very tough ones for my family and it is my grandchildren that keep me going making me smile and laugh out loud. Laughter is such a tonic. Sago your story made me laugh. 😂😂

M0nica Tue 16-Apr-24 15:51:53

I have found a number of times laughter in sorrow is a great support.

Whether watching DMiL's favourite comedy programme only hours after she died or the whole family, including my parents getting hysterical after my sister's cats got their heads stuck in paper bags after they had put their heads in to scavenge some scraps from them and blundering around the kitchen unable to get them off.

Sunshine and showers have always been linked.

Hiraeth Tue 16-Apr-24 16:00:19

Well, I had a laugh the other day . I was chatting to my 12 year old grandson and mentioned that I was thinking of him having to get up early Monday morning to go to school and it was pouring with rain.
His answer was „ I’m so looking forward to when I’m a pensioner „ grin

Coolgran65 Tue 16-Apr-24 19:50:02

Last Sunday our son, dil, and dgs called for coffee. We were all squeezed around the kitchen table, no ceremony. Lots of laughter about something or other.
My 13 year old grandson turned to me and put his hand under my chin saying..... Granny you're riz. Cue for much hilarity. I hadn't a clue what he was talking about but knew he was being nice.
Apparently riz is a great compliment and I am 'cool'.

grannyqueenie Tue 16-Apr-24 20:46:14

Sometimes in times of great sadness I have found that a good laugh as beneficial as a good cry… and sometimes even better! thanks

knspol Thu 18-Apr-24 11:20:12

My DH could always make me laugh, don't think I've had. a good laugh since. Never thought about it until now.

Spuddy Thu 18-Apr-24 11:33:15

I'm on the floor laughing here! Your granddaughter has an amazing sense of humour!

Spuddy Thu 18-Apr-24 11:38:10

My hubby had me literally crying with laughter last night in bed! He was laying on his left side, our cat was snuggled into him and he had his left arm around her. I was laying on my right side so was facing them both.

I had to get up for some painkillers and when I got back into bed a few minutes later I did it as gently as I could so as not to wake our little Wopsie but I had to press my right arm into his left arm to turn over properly and hubby asked ''are you trying to squash my pussy?!'' He did of course mean Wopsie!

I was absolutely howling with laughter!

Coconut Thu 18-Apr-24 11:54:44

Reminds me of one of my grandsons when he was small. He said he wanted to be a professional footballer as with most boys. So I suggested that he also had a Plan B, just in case …. So he said “ well if I can’t be a footballer, I’d like to be an ice cream man” !! I do remind him of that now he’s nearly 18 and making his choices in life 🤣

Juliet27 Thu 18-Apr-24 12:00:01

Spuddy

I'm on the floor laughing here! Your granddaughter has an amazing sense of humour!

But was in said in all seriousness Sago ?

Juliet27 Thu 18-Apr-24 12:01:24

Yes, made me laugh too.

orly Thu 18-Apr-24 12:20:14

My daughter WhatApp'd me to tell me she'd had to take one of her 5 year-old twins to A&E after he got a bang on the head while playing football. The doctor asked him if he'd been sick since banging his head and he replied "No, I'm still 5"

pably15 Thu 18-Apr-24 12:23:15

I love it ,

Marg75 Thu 18-Apr-24 13:08:40

My daughter when she was about eight years old, many moons ago, heard her Dad saying that he couldn't do something and she piped up with 'you have to use your NIFITIES Daddy'. Meaning initiative!

Shill29 Thu 18-Apr-24 15:31:08

smile

Knittypamela Thu 18-Apr-24 16:50:16

My husband made me laugh last night. We were at the theatre to see Sister Act. There was a real nun in the audience. Husband remarked "I wonder why she came in uniform".

HeavenLeigh Thu 18-Apr-24 17:12:08

When my daughter was two her myself and my son were sitting in the living room my son got hold of the remote which he loved to do to switch channels. Suddenly my daughter shouted don’t do that Charles mum was watching Olivia lukewarm John

campbellwise Thu 18-Apr-24 17:45:33

I know the sadness and the release something funny and laughing about it gives you. My best wishes to you …

Cossy Thu 18-Apr-24 17:48:02

flowersgrinflowers

Taichinan Fri 19-Apr-24 02:08:45

Orly that made me laugh out loud - all alone in the middle of the night even!!

Sago Fri 19-Apr-24 09:22:14

Spuddy

It wasn’t her humour……..she is deadly serious 🧐.

Juliet27 Fri 19-Apr-24 09:26:04

My brother when he was little was told at a GP check to stand on his toes. He put his right foot on his left.