Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

How important is CRM for business?

(39 Posts)
Xymox Wed 02-May-18 00:10:08

And should it be used for every type of company?

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 00:22:43

I take it you mean Customer Record Management, and I would think that every business uses it in some form or other.

Call me cynical, but why do I think you were waiting for someone to ask what CRM was, so that you could then explain it, and offer a perfect package to suit every small business?

Apologies if I'm wrong, so let's wait and see..................

Xymox Wed 02-May-18 01:31:06

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry but your question is strange, don't understand exactly what do you mean.

OldMeg Wed 02-May-18 06:58:48

???

MawBroon Wed 02-May-18 07:04:26

Very important Xymox, indispensable really.

SpanielNanny Wed 02-May-18 07:16:29

I would say that it is vital. I would assume it is used by the majority of the ‘big firms’ customer service teams, especially in this age of social media. First customer contact is often made via social media, before moving to more private email etc, they need a record of these interactions to provide the best possible experience. I am curious as to why you ask though xymox?

NanaandGrampy Wed 02-May-18 09:04:35

Customer Relationship Management- crucial to EVERY business- after all its expensive to get customers , far cheaper to do repeat business with the ones you already have. Just don't really get why you're asking a load of grandmothers that question smile

Situpstraight Wed 02-May-18 09:11:47

I’m sure it’s essential, especially with the GDPR rules about to come into effect?

Auntieflo Wed 02-May-18 09:20:47

Phoenix, perhaps you should have waited for sleepy, naive, me, to come along and ask the question. Then all would have been explained, no doubt at length, and I would be a bit more knowledgeable. You can nearly always depend on me to be a bit slow in coming forward smile. Back to my cup of tea now, then I'd better get up. Hey ho.

Situpstraight Wed 02-May-18 09:26:25

Trying to get around the no advertising rules I imagine.....

Or am I just being cynical?

Bridgeit Wed 02-May-18 09:28:57

Good idea ,but only if there was a category for -Grumpy Old Woman Don’t Contact Again -

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 09:42:31

Oops, I meant "relationship" , bit of nearly bed time brain there!

cavewoman Wed 02-May-18 09:52:43

I think we are talking to Mr Brown,marketing executive of Xymox Technologies. (That's what my old pal Mrs Google told me.)

SpanielNanny Wed 02-May-18 09:59:23

Well that made for some interesting reading with my coffee cavewoman. How sneaky of them!

trisher Wed 02-May-18 10:28:52

Thanks for the explanation but I was having fun thinking of what CRM could stand for and how important they could be for businesses.
Careful Realistic Managers
Cunning Resourceful Methods

Izabella Wed 02-May-18 10:38:43

?

Situpstraight Wed 02-May-18 10:49:21

Can’t Remember Much

Cranky Rude Miseries

Eglantine21 Wed 02-May-18 10:52:49

Not doing well with these customers is he?

SpanielNanny Wed 02-May-18 10:58:20

I am rather disappointed that it appears he won’t be coming back! I am very curious to find out exactly what he was hoping to achieve.

trisher Wed 02-May-18 11:20:08

Curious Regarding Motives!!!

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 12:09:29

Well of course we are the ideal target for him! Here we are, tech savvy and no doubt most of us running very successful businesses.

Not wishing to brag, but (ahem) who do you think was behind the recent merger negotiations between Asda & Sainsburys?

YES!! it was me! I popped out to pick up a loaf of milk and a pint of bread (sic) and thought "How inconvenient it is, having to go to different places for certain own brand products?"

So, quick as a flash, I ran off a draft merger proposal document, sent it to both CEO's & MD's (just to be on the safe side) and before you could say "pass my cardy, there's a draft in here" the phone rang.

"Oh Phoenix" they said, please could you pop round at your earliest convenience and help us with this, because we're pretty sure we might need to consult with the Monopolies and Mergers people, and we can't do it without you".

So, pausing only to throw a casserole in the slow cooker and leave a note for Mr P off I went.

The rest, of course, you know.

SpanielNanny Wed 02-May-18 12:39:38

Bravo phoenix Gransnet is lucky to have such a brilliant business mind grin

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 12:43:46

It was a bit of a nuisance really, because I was half way through my Customs Union proposal for Brexit.

Auntieflo Wed 02-May-18 14:10:21

Phoenix grin

Jalima1108 Wed 02-May-18 14:37:45

phoenix were you singing 'We're in the Money' all that while?

As this is a forum for grannies and grandpas how about:
Cardigans Really Matter?

Ok, thought not .....