Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Gardeners' World New Series

(10 Posts)
Polly99 Fri 15-Mar-24 21:24:03

Lovely to see this back tonight. My favourite programme and a great start to the weekend. Spring really is just around the corner.

Joseann Fri 15-Mar-24 21:50:52

The lady who had 19 seating areas in her garden was inspirational. Ned has matured into a well behaved boy. Yes, it felt like winter is nearly done with.

merlotgran Fri 15-Mar-24 23:33:41

I always feel emotional when the new series starts. So much to look forward to after winter.

I was interested to hear Bio Char mentioned in the feature about the garden built on top of concrete. I experimented with making this last year after I was given a bag of fine grade charcoal. I got most of the instructions from YouTube and used it on some very poor soil on my group allotment. The results were amazing!

I’ve just started another batch.

CoolCoco Sat 16-Mar-24 07:15:41

I enjoy GW but my OH groans every time he mentions “ peat free compost”, “climate change” or “ mental health”.

merlotgran Sat 16-Mar-24 08:21:18

I’m scratching my head over the changes to two of the borders at Longmeadow. New lawns are generally not being encouraged due to their high maintenance ditto a rose garden. Christopher Lloyd would be turning in his grave. 😂

Never mind. I’m sure it will all look beautiful.

Visgir1 Sat 16-Mar-24 09:40:07

I didn't realise it had started.. So I'm going to watch on catch up soon..thanks for the reminder.

LucyAnna Sat 16-Mar-24 10:19:16

I like Monty Don, but I’m not keen on the formality of the mini gardens at Longmeadow. I prefer a freer, cottage garden, more flowing style. I think he’s right to mention peat free compost etc - we, as gardeners, have responsibilities.

Polly99 Sat 16-Mar-24 19:12:31

I read that Monty Don plans to remain as presenter for the next three years all being well. I suppose after that we will no longer see Longmeadow. I enjoy the current format but also like Frances Tophill and Adam Frost.

harrysgran Sat 16-Mar-24 20:50:13

So happy to see it back it makes me think summer is coming soon

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Mar-24 21:26:57

I missed it last night, so watched it today, it has a reassuring rhythm to it that I find very relaxing.