Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Marlow Murder Club

(9 Posts)
Mollygo Sun 10-Mar-24 00:08:28

I settled down to watch this-OK so far, though I don’t think I’d want to swim naked in a river at 77, like Mrs Potts.

It seemed quite familiar, and easy to follow, then I realised I’d bought a 99p copy on Kindle, and had read the first couple of chapters on the look inside offer.

Anyone tried it?

Nandalot Sun 10-Mar-24 00:39:10

We watched it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had read the book, a while ago, which I also enjoyed, but fortunately can’t seem to remember plots after a while so did not remember the ending until about 15 mins from end.
I thought Samantha Bond was very good, in a bit of a different role for her.

PamQS Sun 10-Mar-24 04:22:42

I found the first episode bit long at 2 hours, I also found the vicar’s wife wafting around doing odd jobs in the parish a bit irritating - most vicar’s wives have to work nowadays!

All I could think of when Mrs Potts was skinny-dipping in the river was the horrible pollution that rivers have been suffering in the past few years, rather her than me! She was certainly remarkably fit for her age, getting around by punt must take some muscular strength!

grandMattie Sun 10-Mar-24 06:04:58

I watched it and enjoyed it. Suspension of disbelief is usually required in these things….
Having been written by the “Death in Paradise” crew, I knew it would be easy to follow and not menacing and soon. I don’t normally like whodunnits.

teabagwoman Sun 10-Mar-24 07:36:33

Suspension of belief definitely required but an enjoyable watch though I prefer the books, but then I usually do.

Calendargirl Sun 10-Mar-24 07:42:35

Another thread on this, same heading.

BlueBelle Sun 10-Mar-24 07:59:42

Can you ask HQ to incorporate yours Molly as there’s one already running

Mollygo Sun 10-Mar-24 09:03:11

Yes I’ll ask. I did look to see if there was another thread, But obviously, I didn’t look hard enough at stupid o’clock this morning.

Mollygo Sun 10-Mar-24 09:09:26

In case I don’t get any response, here’s the link to the other thread.
www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/a1333331-The-Marlow-Murder-Club