Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

3 pines on Amazon.

(6 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Fri 02-Dec-22 14:12:07

Watched the first episode and it looks good. Only problem is when the French people speak subtitles may be needed. Have to see if I can enable that.

Streaky Fri 02-Dec-22 15:13:12

Thanks for that info. Louise Penny is one of my favourite authors. I have just finished reading the latest Gamache story. I have only just cancelled my Amazon Prime subscription, I subscribed mostly to watch tennis and rugby. So do I renew my subscription again, I am worried I might be disappointed seeing my favourite characters brought to life, although Alfred Molina as Gamache sounds right!

CanadianGran Fri 02-Dec-22 19:40:21

Thank you for the reminder. I just signed up for a 3 month free trial of Amazon prime.

I haven't read all the Louise Penny books, but quite a few of them. I started one recently, but it wasn't in order, so I dropped it with the intention of getting a list and starting again...

One series I wish they would make into a television show is the Brittany murders series by jean luc Bannelec. He paints such a pretty picture of the scenery and food that it transports you there!

MawtheMerrier Fri 02-Dec-22 20:04:00

I gave it two inures- he’s not good looking enough.

MawtheMerrier Fri 02-Dec-22 20:04:15

minutes

eGJ Sat 03-Dec-22 16:09:52

I have devoured all the Gamache books including the one which was published on Wednesday! ( for devotees - it is a bit darker than usual, but all the familiar characters are there and it’s a real page turner!) I looked at the Three Pines on Amazon Prime and sadly, Gamache doesn’t look as I imagine, Jean- Guy is totally wrong and there seem to be many more houses and people in Three Pines! I’m assured it gets better by episode 3, so I’ll persist in watching! However I’ll treat it as a new detective/ crime story from Canada.,