Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

End of "The Walking Dead"

(5 Posts)
ShazzaKanazza Wed 23-Nov-22 20:05:48

I was in a weeping mess at the end of the episode NotSpaghetti it was a rollercoaster. I thought the ending was ok but could have done with the episode a little longer to not rush to wrap up. I loved seeing Rick again and more tears. I watch all the spin-offs and am so looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the franchise. I’ve never missed an episode.
Oreo when I first started watching it I would dream about it but you soon get used to the blood and gore. I can’t watch ghosts or poltergeists they terrify me.

Oreo Wed 23-Nov-22 18:19:36

Thanks NotSpaghetti great explanation for anyone who could want to to watch it.
Don’t like blood and guts! Doh! So not for me after all.
Doc Martin won’t like it either.grin

NotSpaghetti Wed 23-Nov-22 18:12:08

I didn't find it so "scary" to be honest as although there are some horrible and bloodthirsty and violent things in it - some of which are definitely graphic there is always a core of people trying to pull together and help each other out. Great sacrifices are made and I think mostly there are usually people you can "trust". Morality is definitely challenged and many times people are pushed to do terrible things. And sometimes people choose a reign of terror and control over others. There are traitors and infiltrators and you get to know (and largely, care about) a core group of characters.

I think the "walkers" who are the zombie dead out to eat people are not as dangerous as some of the characters.

I suppose in answer then, it depends what scares you?

I found this answer (see screenshot) online under the question Should I watch The Walking Dead if I don't like horror movies?

I'd say start at the beginning and see what you think. It is definitely gorey though so if blood and guts is "scary" it may not be for you as there is quite a lot of that!

Oreo Wed 23-Nov-22 16:57:44

People always say it’s a great series, but am a wuss, how scary on a scale of 1-10 , ten being OMG is it?

NotSpaghetti Wed 23-Nov-22 16:00:31

Was anyone else disappointed in the way this show ended?

It seemed quite rushed and glossy and "trying too hard". I really didn't need the flashbacks and voice-over and felt the focus on Judith misplaced.

Maybe it's just me?