Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Uncanny on Radio 4 - scary stuff.

(7 Posts)
Floriel Mon 21-Nov-22 22:30:27

Is anyone else listening to The Witch Farm on R4, part of a series called Uncanny? I’m finding it compelling - and very scary.

NanKate Mon 21-Nov-22 22:40:39

I’ll check that out Floriel. I’ve been listening to the Colditz series on Radio 4. What brave men they were.

Blossoming Mon 21-Nov-22 22:49:07

Yes, both of these! I love a good spooky story, much prefer them to horror films.

Blossoming Mon 21-Nov-22 22:50:46

I’m finding the Colditz one very interesting. I’m familiar with Pat Reid’s book but this current telling covers much more.

Babs758 Sat 03-Dec-22 07:13:00

Yes to both and I’ve really enjoyed them. The Colditz story was fascinating. I remember watching the TV series years ago but this one goes into the stories of the Germans too and, as for Douglas Bader!!

Witch alarm is brilliant and I can’t wait for the final episode..

LRavenscroft Sat 03-Dec-22 07:16:08

Yes, I am listening to the Witch's Farm too. I have also listened to the other programmes in the Uncanny Series and The Battersea Poltergeist. I am still very much in 'the jury is out on this' but also Dannie Robins is a brilliant journalist and presenter as he always has you hanging on the edge of your seat. It's a 'Who knows?'.

Peartree Mon 05-Dec-22 16:55:18

I do like it but sometimes I think why do you stay so long. If this was happening to me I would be out like a shot begging any one to take me in.