Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Senorita89 - I'm impressed

(7 Posts)
Wyllow3 Sat 19-Nov-22 22:53:12

I always give the BBC4 World Cinema/World Series slot a try, and tonight's series from Mexico was completely different to any I've seen before.
Many women are still caught up in situations like this, and I'm intrigued what will happen t the central character, a women who is investigating how women were, prepared, abused, used used in Beauty Contests, and the nature of the choices those women didn't - or did - have. Fascinated by each Womens story.

notnecessarilywiser Sun 20-Nov-22 07:48:43

Thanks for the heads up, @Wyllow3 . I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Wyllow3 Sun 20-Nov-22 07:50:46

Would be interested what others think - it totally held my attention..

MayBee70 Sun 20-Nov-22 16:16:23

I’ll check it out. There are so many good things to watch at the moment!

MayBee70 Mon 21-Nov-22 12:58:59

I started watching it but I was a bit tired and nodded off. But I am going to continue watching it. It was certainly different. It reminds me of the rather weird films that we used to go to see at our indie cinema: some of them were a waste of time but some were amazing. I’ve missed out on several BBC 4 Saturday night series with subtitles recently. There’s just so much to watch these days and I don’t even have Sky or Netflix!

Wyllow3 Mon 28-Nov-22 22:05:27

I've continued to watch this remarkable series - I'm dropping this in as I'm still wondering what others made of it.

MayBee70 Tue 29-Nov-22 11:48:09

I still haven’t watched it but I will. There’s so much to watch at the moment ( eg there’s an archive interview with Laurie Lee on Sky Arts tonight that I have to watch as I don’t have Sky catchup).