Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I'm a celebrity

(1000 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 07-Nov-22 10:21:51

I can’t see another thread so apologies if there is
After years of not bothering with “I m a celebrity get me out of here” I decided to have a look as I like Boy George
And I have to say I m in now so will need to keep watching this ridiculously daft programme even if it’s just to combat the depressing days
Anyway what do you all think ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:25:41

I couldn’t agree more, it’s ridiculous, daft and sometimes cruel but hey ho I shall be watching it 🤣🤣

I thought Charlene White (I think I have her name correct) the ITV news reader was so incredibly brave on that ledge along with the marvellous Jill Stott.

henetha Mon 07-Nov-22 10:26:27

I recorded it last night and am looking forward to watching it this afternoon. It's an antidote to all the gloom at present.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 10:28:42

I’m going to watch it in catch up this afternoon, so I’ll be back then.

I have always loved Boy George. His first autobiography is one of my favourite books ever.

I’m moderately interested in Mike Tindall.
I know who Sue Cleaver is, don’t know any of the others

tanith Mon 07-Nov-22 10:36:26

I'll watch, DH always watched it so its a gentle reminder of happy times together its nonsense but cheers me up on these early dark evenings.

paddyann54 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:38:45

Are we aware of the ontroversy about Boy George being in the jungle?
Should he be there at at all after being convicted and jailed for chaining a sex worker to a radiator and beating him up ?
Or is this a case of celebrities can be pardoned for anything ,your average drug taker /drunk wouldn't have got off so lightly and certainly wouldn't be picking up half a million for appearing in a TV show!

paddyann54 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:40:51

I've never seen it ,not my kind of thing ,I remember the vile Japanese TV show where people ate live things in the 80'sand that was enough

henetha Mon 07-Nov-22 10:42:26

I must admit that I had forgotten about that, and would not in any way condone it.
I must also admit that I will most probably still watch the programme though.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 10:45:14

paddyann I understand your point and sort of agree with you.
But I’m biased in that I am a huge admirer of George.
DH and I often have a similar ‘argument’ about Jeremy Clarkson.
I am very much a fan JC in-spite his awful behaviour with the runner.
On a wider point, I don’t think that you will ever get much moral integrity from the bosses at ITV.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 10:46:41

paddyann54

I've never seen it ,not my kind of thing ,I remember the vile Japanese TV show where people ate live things in the 80'sand that was enough

Endurance. Clive James often featured it on his programs

Millie22 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:47:54

Obviously they are all doing it for the money but Ant and Dec are worth watching as they are so funny.

I do my knitting when the yukky bits are on.

Joane123 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:51:23

Only watched part of it but what a superb team player Jill Stott is.

Zoejory Mon 07-Nov-22 10:51:38

It was great fun.

As for Boy George, I like him. He's done his time

Lesley Grantham was successfully employed by the BBC as Dirty Den. He was a convicted murderer .

I love IACGMOOH and I feel no shame 😌

Joane123 Mon 07-Nov-22 10:52:10

Sorry Jill Scott.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 10:52:10

I loathe the way that the creatures are treated.
Not so much the revolting eating challenges; but more the squealing and histrionics and cruelty of pouring wee beasties over people etc.
George won’t be involved in the eating things as he is a vegan.
I’m hoping that they have dialled down the anti-animal sentiment.
It always makes me stop watching it.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 11:05:08

I like the ‘boring’ bits when they are just sitting around chatting.
I love Celebrity Big Brother for that reason.
I would have lived moved to have seen Boy George on CBB, which I believe is making a comeback next year

Oldbat1 Mon 07-Nov-22 11:34:33

Veterinary profession certainly are not happy regarding the “use” of rats, snakes and critters generally. I don’t watch it now but I did watch the first series.

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 12:04:04

Did they do any animal based or eating challenges when it was in Wales? Does anyone know?

Zoejory Mon 07-Nov-22 12:07:51

Mainly cockroaches, maggots, spiders and worms, apparently, FannyCornforth

Probably eating and drinking something ghastly sounding,

MissAdventure Mon 07-Nov-22 12:21:33

When is it on, please?

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 12:35:03

Do you have access to ITV hub MissA?
Otherwise it’s on every night at 9.
I’ve just remembered that Chris Moyles is on it. I know who he is

MissAdventure Mon 07-Nov-22 12:37:32

I don't do all that fancy stuff, fanny.
All I know is how to turn the tv on and off, but I shall tune in tonight and have a watch, thanks. smile

FannyCornforth Mon 07-Nov-22 12:41:37

All the runners and riders are here
www.whattowatch.com/watching-guides/im-a-celebrity-2022

Namsnanny Mon 07-Nov-22 12:42:28

Is this the program the politician is on?
No one has mentioned him.

sodapop Mon 07-Nov-22 12:57:10

This will be my only post on here as I understand this show is popular and enjoyed by many. I have lost count of the number of references to the show in all types of media including news bulletins already today. Why do the rest of us have to be bombarded with clips and information about something we don't have any interest in. It's a TV show not world shattering news.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion