Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly Starts Tonight

(1000 Posts)
Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 09:25:27

Last week's postponed Strictly is on tonight at 7pm. Apparently Rose & Giovanni will be reprising their winning routine.

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 18:18:33

Anyone going to watch it?

henetha Fri 23-Sep-22 18:39:41

Yes! Something cheerful, uplifting, music, dancing, lovely clothes, nothing to do with war or politics.
What's not to like!!! ?

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Sep-22 18:41:36

I will watch it although I find the joy over their new partner a bit excessive and insincere. I watch for the dancing. And I look forward to that.

timetogo2016 Fri 23-Sep-22 18:51:58

I can`t stand it tbh.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 23-Sep-22 19:41:35

Yes I hate all that too Grandmabatty

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 19:45:37

Thank you Sparklefizz I'll watch. Somehow everything feels so flat right now and I'm sure others might feel the same. Hope it will be a welcome distraction for many.

GrandmasueUK Fri 23-Sep-22 19:49:57

I’m loving it already, although I’m a bit ‘meh’ about the effusive love for the pairings. My OH has a small collection of torches and seems to go to the dump regularly, I’m thinking of getting him a spray tan, so he can be a bit more Strictly!

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 19:56:09

This "meet'n'greet" episode is OTT and cheesy, but at least it's cheerful and a welcome distraction as Sweetpeasue says.

Urmstongran Fri 23-Sep-22 20:01:01

I don’t watch it but can understand it’s popularity. I always look at it as “the run up to Christmas “.

rafichagran Fri 23-Sep-22 20:11:20

I will watch it, but U find the pairing programne OTT.

Shinamae Fri 23-Sep-22 20:22:05

Not a great fan but got a day off work so tuned in about half an hour ago and so far the only one I know is Matt Goss and yes very over enthusiastic parings reaction…?

Fleurpepper Fri 23-Sep-22 20:33:31

rafichagran

I will watch it, but U find the pairing programne OTT.

Indeed- switched off after a while.

Jaxjacky Fri 23-Sep-22 20:40:18

Each to their own, not for us though.

Hellogirl1 Fri 23-Sep-22 21:33:31

I love all things Strictly..........well, nearly all. I didn`t like last year`s same sex pairing, and now this year there are TWO!

ShazzaKanazza Fri 23-Sep-22 21:35:16

Yeah to a full house about time and great to be back at Blackpool.
Can’t be doing with all the OTT fakery but can fast forward through all that. A bit of glitz through the doom and gloom is very welcome.

HurdyGurdy Fri 23-Sep-22 22:03:43

I watched, because, well, it's Strictly. But I do hate all the over acting when their partner is revealed, so don't really pay much attention to the first night.

But from tomorrow - I'll be glued. But on record tomorrow night, because my husband has inconsiderately had his birthday fall tomorrow and it's the first time the whole family will be together, and have the change to go out for dinner. Terrible timing wink grin

lemsip Fri 23-Sep-22 23:27:39

won't watch it, disappointed that Giovanni is partnered with same sex celeb!

Kim19 Sat 24-Sep-22 03:52:17

I find it uplifting. Particularly so at the moment. I'm also disappointed with the Giovanni pairing but won't stop me watching.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Sep-22 06:23:50

I cannot stand all that over the top joy I watched last night simply out of curiosity as to who the contenders were going to be (and nothing else on) It completely confirmed my dislike of all the screaming ‘I’m so happy’ ridiculously fake joy
That’s my first and last viewing this year
Hated it

Sparklefizz Sat 24-Sep-22 06:50:13

Kim19

I find it uplifting. Particularly so at the moment. I'm also disappointed with the Giovanni pairing but won't stop me watching.

I'm another one disappointed with the Giovanni pairing. I thought Johannes would be with Ritchie Anderson.

volver Sat 24-Sep-22 07:47:04

Why are people disappointed with the Giovanni pairing?

DanniRae Sat 24-Sep-22 07:55:31

I too dislike the fake excitement at the pairings but watch it anyway. Looking forward to tonight when the dancing starts! smile

MawtheMerrier Sat 24-Sep-22 07:58:02

I was just bored! ? ?

Joseanne Sat 24-Sep-22 07:58:49

I really enjoy Strictly but I didn't watch the pairing show because it is irrelevant to the actual dancing. Just as I fast forward all the unnecessary waffle stuff between the dance numbers each week.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion