Gransnet forums

Travel

Best Travel Insurance for Backpacking?

(6 Posts)
Ameon Fri 17-Nov-23 17:43:52

Hi everyone! I'm prepping for a backpacking trip across Europe and Asia. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance that's great for backpackers?

OldFrill Fri 17-Nov-23 17:59:59

Son has used Post Office, I think they insure up to 60yo. Costs depend where you're going and if you intend to work etc. He's never claimed so can't say how efficient that is.

Joseann Fri 17-Nov-23 18:01:09

Trailfinders travel insurance.

Harvey21 Mon 20-Nov-23 11:12:38

Ameon

Hi everyone! I'm prepping for a backpacking trip across Europe and Asia. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance that's great for backpackers?

Hey! Look for insurance that covers a range of activities - backpacking often involves adventure sports that not all policies cover.

OliverS5947 Mon 20-Nov-23 14:31:57

Definitely check the policy's flexibility. Backpacking plans can change and you need a policy that can adapt with you.

LOUISA1523 Mon 20-Nov-23 14:44:31

Does really matter if you backpacking or strong 5 star....its the activities you will do....if you getting an annual one then need to be mindful that's are only good for trip of up to31days ( sometimes more) at a time..... I've got a current annual one ...I'm going Singapore, Australia and Indonesia for six weeks at Xmas...my policy cover for 45 days maximum then need to return to uk