Gransnet forums

Travel

Premier Inn - 10/10

(14 Posts)
Kateykrunch Tue 05-Sep-23 15:35:30

Just thought I would mention in case anyone looking for accommodation around Hartlepool.

We stayed here on the Marina, free parking, spotless room, very quiet, ample additional help yourself teas, coffee and iced water.

Tamperproof Shower and Hand Wash.

Its a lovely historic area for a short break, some of ‘Vera’ is filmed here and nearby.

Shirleyw Tue 05-Sep-23 15:42:07

that sounds good kateykrunch, hartlepool is quite away from us for a weekend but i have stayed in a few premier inns around the country and all have been fine, nice clean, comfy beds etc.

crazyH Tue 05-Sep-23 15:46:32

People tend to look down on Premier Inns. I’ve stayed in a few in my time and always found them to be clean and comfortable .

fancythat Tue 05-Sep-23 15:48:21

Been fine for me too.

Georgesgran Tue 05-Sep-23 15:50:53

Long time since I’ve been near Hartlepool, but the marina was lovely and Trinc moored there too.

ParlorGames Tue 05-Sep-23 15:55:06

Do NOT bother with Premier Inn Furzton Lake, Milton Keynes, it is a dump. Booked a disabled room and couldn't get the wheelchair along the corridors! What a joke and when we complained they reckoned we hadn't stayed there, no record of our booking - they simply couldn't be arsed to investigate!

MerylStreep Tue 05-Sep-23 16:01:19

ParlorGames
Surely your proof was the email you received to confirm booking. Also who received your money.

Jaxjacky Tue 05-Sep-23 16:10:48

Never had a problem with them, Wetherspoons rooms are great too.

MrsKen33 Tue 05-Sep-23 16:21:31

Oh I just love Premier Inns. Often not in ann easy exciting area but excellent rooms, service and food.

MerylStreep Tue 05-Sep-23 16:57:44

Jaxjacky
Now you’re asking for trouble. In some quarters on GN Wetherspoons is in the same place in hell as the Daily Mail 😂

silverlining48 Tue 05-Sep-23 17:08:15

I am a recent convert to weatherspoons. Used to avoid like the proverbial but they do nice toast with decent bread butter and marmalade for about a pound.
With a cuppa of tea on repeat it’s very popular with lots of people, me now included.
Not sure about the owner but that’s another debate.

Grantanow Thu 05-Oct-23 14:39:43

Stayed at Premier Inn opposite St Pancras. Good, quiet room and good breakfast. A bit of a queue to book in at reception but otherwise very good.

Witzend Thu 05-Oct-23 14:47:09

We’ve stayed at lots of different Premier Inns, if it’s just for a night or two - have always found them very good.

The only disappointment was last December, when we were going to a big family do near Liverpool. The big PI which was dh’s first choice (waterfront IIRC) couldn’t promise a king size bed. I wasn’t going to risk an ordinary double (feels so cramped nowadays, esp. when I don’t sleep well anyway) so we chose another.

I had thought one of the points of P Inns was the guaranteed lovely big bed!

halfpint1 Thu 05-Oct-23 14:47:26

I stayed at the Premier Inn in Harrogate and would give that 10/10 as well