Gransnet forums

Travel

Ambassador Cruises

(3 Posts)
ParlorGames Sat 15-Oct-22 07:03:38

Just wondering if anyone has been on an Ambassador cruise which, I understand, sail out of Tilbury Docks, London.

LtEve Sat 15-Oct-22 08:30:09

I’m going on a Christmas markets on in mid December to Hamburg and Amsterdam. Reviews are mixed as they are for most things. I’m looking forward to it, love cruising.

jeanie99 Sun 16-Oct-22 19:45:00

We went on the Ambassador Ambience on a 3 week cruise to Greenland and Iceland in June this year, had a lovely time. We are cruising for 32 nights on the 23 October on the Grand Mediterranean cruise.
When we did the Greenland cruise this year we noticed the Hurtigruten ship stopped at all the same ports as we did but their prices are at least twice the price. The cabins and food etc could have been superior who knows.
We've cruised on many ships over the years British, American Italian and base our cruising on the itinerary not the cruise company like some people
If you are looking for Cunard standard this is not the cruise for you I consider the company cheap and cheerful and we have not had anything to complain about.
Although we live up north my husband drives to Tilbury it's more convenient hate traveling into London and the parking works out well, you park up and a bus is there to take you to the docks.
If you need anymore information just PM me.