Gransnet forums

Travel

Holiday of a lifetime

(10 Posts)
Anniepa Sat 27-Aug-22 12:23:18

So we have finally booked our holiday of a lifetime - so excited - has anyone, please, any experiences (hopefully not bad) of going to Guadaloupe?? Thanks.

FannyCornforth Sat 27-Aug-22 12:26:49

Your title has reminded me of this Tim Vine one liner
‘I’ve just come back from a holiday of a lifetime - never again’

I hope that you have an absolutely amazing time ?

PollyDolly Sat 27-Aug-22 12:28:39

Is that where Death In Paradise was filmed?

Fleurpepper Sat 27-Aug-22 12:29:15

How good is your French- as it is a very French favourite destination.

ShazzaKanazza Sat 27-Aug-22 12:31:15

PollyDolly it is where it is filmed.
I wish I did have experience of going there. It does look like paradise. How fantastic have a great time when you go.

Fleurpepper Sun 28-Aug-22 09:14:53

Fleurpepper

How good is your French- as it is a very French favourite destination.

BTW it is often much cheaper to fly to France and travel from there- as holdays to Guadaloupe are much cheaper from French Tour operators.

Anniepa Sun 28-Aug-22 14:14:18

We are flying from Paris as there were no direct flights from the UK when we want to travel. I can ask for a ham sandwich in French so won't starve! Thank you for all your good wishes.

Serendipity22 Sun 28-Aug-22 14:16:52

Wow ☆☆☆☆
Fabulous..

Wishing you a fantastic, carefree holiday .... smilesmilesmilesmile

Fleurpepper Sun 28-Aug-22 18:25:36

Anniepa

We are flying from Paris as there were no direct flights from the UK when we want to travel. I can ask for a ham sandwich in French so won't starve! Thank you for all your good wishes.

I did wonder. The French speaking bit was not about starving or survival, but meeting people and general conversation smile

Enjoy smile

geekesse Mon 29-Aug-22 22:15:45

Fantastic! Do come and tell us all about it when you get back. I’m seriously considering Guadeloupe for next year.