Gransnet forums

Technology

Hey! Broadband

(4 Posts)
tanith Fri 09-Dec-22 14:19:38

They’ve just installed new fibre cables in our area and are doing the rounds to entice new customers.
Just wonder if anyone is with them or any info about them? I’ve looked at their online presence but personal info is better.

MrsTagain Sun 11-Dec-22 18:00:04

I'm with Virgin. It's expensive, but I rarely get any problems. I keep wondering whether to move to something cheaper, but don't want to do something I will regret later.

Oldbat1 Sun 11-Dec-22 20:25:12

Same here the fibre network has only just arrived. Only one person has signed up in our street so far. He works from home so needs fast broadband. He is thrilled with speed and has had no issues. We’re planning to sign up with some provider but currently just researching. Seemingly there is a 5wk delay here currently as they can’t find enough engineers. We plan to get rid of house phone when/if we do as we pay £36 a month to BT and only made 3 calls last month. I think only Sky have put a leaflet through door so far.

Blossoming Sun 11-Dec-22 21:16:40

I don’t know about the company Hey! Broadband but I can recommend fibre. I’ve had it for a while through BT, my employer used to pay for it and I have kept it after retirement as I can afford it and would hate to downgrade.