Gransnet forums

Technology

Downloading or uploading a photo on GN

(12 Posts)
NanKate Mon 08-Aug-22 14:33:28

I know I’ve asked this before but I can’t find the answer.

I’ve got as far as clicking Choose File and then going to the photo album but I can’t get the photo into this box.

Help !

Auntieflo Mon 08-Aug-22 14:38:32

NanKate, I use an IPad and after getting into your photos, choose the one you want, and at the top right of the photo, it says USE. Click on that and it should load.
But if you are using something different, someone will be along soon to point you in the right direction.
Good luck.

Shinamae Mon 08-Aug-22 14:38:41

You choose the photo in the top right hand corner it should say use…

Sago Mon 08-Aug-22 15:26:48

Click on choose file and select the photo, it does not appear in the main box until the message is posted.
I have started the process and taken a screenshot.
You will see the photo on the bottom left as thumbnail.

Farmor15 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:29:02

If I want to upload a photo from my phone, when I see the one I want from my album, I tick the box on photo. You can check if it's worked using the preview option on Gransnet

Farmor15 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:31:55

On my phone it doesn't say 'use', just box (circle) to tick. Then at top is says 1 selected and on top right I click 'done'

MerylStreep Mon 08-Aug-22 15:32:14

I think that’s what confuses people: you can’t see the photo in the posting box.
NanKate
Follow my theory and just keep pressing buttons until you finally get there ?

Farmor15 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:45:01

Method seems to vary slightly with device, but if preview is used, photo should appear as it would on post. Screenshot attached.

On my phone I always have to press preview twice before it works.

NanKate Mon 08-Aug-22 16:11:42

Thanks so much all of you I will try it here.

NanKate Mon 08-Aug-22 16:13:37

Brilliant I’m so pleased. This is a photo of my garden sculpture of a heron. I think it’s hard to see so I may take another photo closer to Hero the heron ??

Farmor15 Mon 08-Aug-22 22:19:57

Well done NanKate . Hero the heron looks lovely.

holora Sat 27-Aug-22 22:43:34

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.