Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

M&S - Beauty Advent Beauty Box

(16 Posts)
Dorset Tue 15-Nov-22 22:26:51

Has anybody had luck the last two days in buying one of these. I have visited numerous stores only to be told they have sold out 🙄 am I really that late?

Callistemon21 Tue 15-Nov-22 23:10:40

It says sold out online, available in store only. If they have any left, of course.

They obviously didn't anticipate demand.

annsixty Tue 15-Nov-22 23:19:05

I had mine delivered on Saturday having ordered about a week ago.
They do sell out quickly.

Zoejory Tue 15-Nov-22 23:24:49

We got one online. They do seem to get snapped up quickly

MawtheMerrier Tue 15-Nov-22 23:51:55

I was chuffed to bits to be given one by D1 at the weekend! smile

Maggiemaybe Wed 16-Nov-22 00:11:52

How annoying for you, Dorset. When they first hit the shops you could look online to see how many were in each store, but that seems to have stopped now. It said at the time that there were 195 in my local one, which surprised me as it’s only very small. I went in to get mine the next day as I missed out one year.

Visgir1 Wed 16-Nov-22 08:44:32

On line last week It said not available any more.
I have bought one every year since they started doing them. In store on Monday lady said all sold out.. Gutted!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Nov-22 08:49:26

Ordered two online (one for me and one for DD) as soon as they came out in October.

They had piles of them at M & S in Lakeside last week.

Dollymixtures Fri 18-Nov-22 21:22:49

There must be more money about than we are led to believe! You have to spend £35 was it before you’re allowed to buy one of these? And they’re sold out? I couldn’t buy something like this off the cuff!

TwiceAsNice Fri 18-Nov-22 22:12:35

This happens every year they never learn to anticipate demand. With the minimum spend and individual cost you pay £75 for each one, not worth it

Oreo Fri 18-Nov-22 22:18:30

They look nice but I can’t afford one and am surprised they are sold out instore.
Order online?

Kate1949 Sat 19-Nov-22 12:19:09

I'm another who is surprised that these are selling out. I couldn't justify it. Enjoy them to those who have them.

tickingbird Sat 19-Nov-22 12:25:45

I haven’t even tried this year. Too much in it that I neither want or need or use!

Maggiemaybe Sat 19-Nov-22 12:40:57

I’ll use everything, though I seem to have tubes of hand cream all over the house at the moment so it might be a while till I get round to that. smile The Shay & Blue Black Tulip fragrance is lovely and that alone sells at £30.

There are usually one or two items I pass on to willing recipients, but I think they’re going to be disappointed this year.

BigBertha1 Sat 19-Nov-22 13:44:33

I didn't realise these were so popular. No wonder the sales assistant looked at me strangely when she offered me the opportunity to but one. i juts thought they were full of samples of thing I probably didn't need.

tickingbird Sun 20-Nov-22 10:30:14

Admittedly there was a lovely hand cream in there which smelt gorgeous. Too many hair products for me - I don’t use them.