Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Spotty clothes or stripes! Which do you prefer!

(43 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Sat 15-Oct-22 09:54:35

I’m not really a fan of spotty blouses, each to their own of course, but I do love a stripe, whether vertical or horizontal, I also love a leopard and snake print, and a nice bit of tartan.let’s just say I’m clothes mad! Anyone else!

PoppyFlower Sat 15-Oct-22 10:05:46

I love both! Horizontal sailor stripes, small polka dots.... Currently loving the zebra print in various colours other than black and white! ???

TwiceAsNice Sat 15-Oct-22 10:08:36

I like stripes but not keen on spots but on tops as hate any kind of blouse

henetha Sat 15-Oct-22 10:11:11

I love spots and stripes. A lot of my clothes feature them. They are sort of cheerful.

Auntieflo Sat 15-Oct-22 10:16:33

Love Stripes, but haven't got anything Spotty.

But I did fall for the brown and white spotty dress in 'An Officer and a Gentleman'

Blossoming Sat 15-Oct-22 10:28:53

I love stripes and spots, especially small polka dots.

ginny Sat 15-Oct-22 10:31:14

Small polka dots and vertical stripes are fine. No to horizontal stripes, I’m wide enough already .
Not keen on tartans.

FannyCornforth Sat 15-Oct-22 10:40:24

Polka dots always make me think of these lovely girls ♥️
What a look

glammanana Sat 15-Oct-22 10:46:49

I like polka dots in black & white specially with black jeggings horizontal stripes don't do me any favours as I am a wee bit top heavy but vertical I can live with tartans I think look better on cushion covers grin

Kim19 Sat 15-Oct-22 10:47:12

Never really thought about it but I suppose I must favour stripes (vertical only!) since I don't recollect ever having anything polka dot. Must have at some time. Guess I didn't love it enough to remember.

Chestnut Sat 15-Oct-22 11:03:59

Don't like spots or stripes. I'm a flowery person. I love dresses with small flowers or paisley type patterns, leafy patterns maybe. But I mostly I wear plain these days, with a patterned scarf or something colourful to add interest.

Fleurpepper Sat 15-Oct-22 11:04:55

I like stripes.

Casdon Sat 15-Oct-22 11:34:18

I like both spots and stripes. I hate flowery clothes, they make me feel like I’m wearing my nanna’s curtains. I don’t like flowery fabric in the house either, I don’t know why.

Chestnut Sat 15-Oct-22 11:39:33

Some flowery patterns can be awful of course. They don't all look like curtains. But then some spots and stripes can be awful too. Patterns vary so much, you just go with how they make you feel when you see them. It's an instant attraction...or not.

Susie42 Sat 15-Oct-22 14:13:56

Stripes every time, almost a signature look on me. Like Casdon a flowery design makes me feel as if I'm wearing curtains although I like them on other people.

AreWeThereYet Sat 15-Oct-22 14:20:27

Small polka dots or stripes. Very rarely wear anything flowery and dislike most animal prints apart from maybe a scarf or bag.

HeavenLeigh Sat 15-Oct-22 14:55:51

Love that pic fanny ?

Chestnut Sat 15-Oct-22 15:04:44

I keep seeing this which I love, but she's a lot younger than me.

I wouldn't wear it now, and they weren't around 50 years ago!

I guess I'm a sucker for anything to do with nature.

Blossoming Sat 15-Oct-22 15:08:51

I really don’t like animal prints at all.

bikergran Sat 15-Oct-22 15:24:46

Love polka dots .But not acually got amything with polka on,other than a lovely yellow duvet cover with white tiny polka dots.

shysal Sat 15-Oct-22 15:56:26

Most of my tops are striped. I have one style of Boden Breton in 6 or 7 colours plus many others, half of them blue and white, including some Joules Harbour ones with added flowers. I expect all who see me think I never wash my clothes!

Grannybags Sat 15-Oct-22 16:52:47

I've had to make a conscious effort not to buy any more striped tops as I don't own much else.

I head straight for stripes in shops and have to tear myself away before I buy anything else!

Lucca Sat 15-Oct-22 17:10:16

The stripy T-shirt/Breton top is another “uniform” i once sent into a clothes shop where five women customers were in stripy tops (self included)

BrieJeff94 Fri 25-Nov-22 09:29:53

I love horizontal striped jumpers. Elenor on the show 'The Good Place' wears the cutest jumpers, all striped and rainbow ☺️

MiniMoon Fri 25-Nov-22 09:41:41

I do like spotty/polka dotty dresses and blouses. I'm not fond of stripes. That being said though, I used to have a lovely black and white top with jazzy zebra stripes that I wore with a black skirt or trousers. If I could find another like it, I would buy it.