Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

My favourite things

(9 Posts)
MawtheMerrier Fri 14-Oct-22 14:06:59

No, not raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, but the clothes I reach for when I feel poorly or down (or whisper, fat)
I sometimes wonder why I ever buy new stuff as there is a core of 4 or 5 favourite “go-to” jumpers which I know fit, are reasonably flattering and which cheer me up.
Today it’s a Turtle Doves cashmere roll neck in black, greys and ivory with black and grey houndstooth stretchy trousers. Warm, light and not itchy or restrictive.
Do you have favourite things?

Blossoming Fri 14-Oct-22 14:11:06

At the moment it’s my Oodie grin

My go to is a Seasalt shift dress and a pair of Weird Fish jeggings, both several years old.

shysal Fri 14-Oct-22 15:34:43

I go for comfort in magic pants (trousers) with one of my many Boden Breton tops.

HeavenLeigh Wed 19-Oct-22 10:14:01

My two oodies bought for me by very good friend for my birthday wonderful!

henetha Wed 19-Oct-22 10:17:29

My fleecy indoor leisure trousers. Today they are red and black check.

Redhead56 Wed 19-Oct-22 11:03:27

Knitted high neck midi dresses long sleeved and thick tights cosy warm and nice fitting.

glammanana Wed 19-Oct-22 11:10:59

Comfy fleece joggers & a cashmere oversized sweater bought many yrs ago when I could afford cashmere without a second thought,I have quite a few oversized jumpers which I can snuggle up in.

aonk Wed 19-Oct-22 11:19:21

I do have favourites but it’s not much help at the moment as they’re summer dresses! I have several that I really like and wear on rotation when it’s warm enough. For me it’s lovely to wear just a dress and underwear. With a nice pair of sandals or trainers I feel well dressed!

M0nica Wed 19-Oct-22 16:53:03

When ill I retreat into my green tracksuit, so called after the first one I bought. Currently it is a pink fluffy top, very warm, and grey track suit trousers. last worn six weeks ago when I had COVID