Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Where can I buy jeans that don't stretch?

(53 Posts)
TinyTwo Fri 02-Sep-16 12:38:08

I don't mean stretch a little obviously. I need them to do that - especially after a big lunch. grin But most of mine seem to stretch massively after one wear so I have to wash them again before wearing them a second time so that they won't look massively baggy on me. Anyone else have this?

Jane10 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:26:52

Er no. I look massively baggy myself so those jeans are perfect for me!blush

wot Fri 02-Sep-16 14:09:26

gringrin

kittylester Fri 02-Sep-16 14:33:47

I buy TU from Sainsbury's for everyday as they are stupidly cheap and I can afford to change and wash them often. I have 'best jeans' too!

rosesarered Fri 02-Sep-16 14:59:44

I like the Per Una jeans from M&S, they stretch a little, but not too much.

TinyTwo Fri 02-Sep-16 15:35:49

Where are your 'best jeans' from then kitty? I've never tried Per Una jeans - might go check them out thanks roses. The problem is though that you never know how the jeans will fare on the stretchiness factor until you've worn them for a few hours... Sneaky.

hildajenniJ Fri 02-Sep-16 16:01:09

I buy my everyday jeans from Sainsbury's too kitty. I also used to have a lovely grey pair from Per Una, that was years ago though. I have no idea what they are like now. My "best" jeans are also from Sainsbury's.

Neversaydie Fri 02-Sep-16 16:12:05

I also wear Tu jeans for every day.The fit us brilliant and I dont find they stretch unduly but they do fade. But at an average of £10 a pair (they are often on sale).... Not Your Daughters Jeans are my choice for best but they are horribly expensive (cheaper in America)JLewis sell them

suzied Fri 02-Sep-16 17:59:48

My favourite jeans are from Uniqlo. They are called " smart shape" and are high waisted and have straight, but not skinny, legs. They go up in 1 inch sizes, so you can get 28, 29, 30 etc. I think they are about £30 but they do have offers. They do have Lycra in them, but I find they keep their shape. You can buy online..

M0nica Fri 02-Sep-16 18:39:04

I find Lands End jeans very good. Expensive (£50) but they last a long time so as economical as several pairs of cheap jeans.

kittylester Fri 02-Sep-16 20:00:03

My best jeans are Lands End too and a good fit but i feel they are frumpy. I think my next best ones will be NYDJ!

Marmight Fri 02-Sep-16 21:10:08

Per Una. Great fit. All others fit round the hips/bottom but flap round the waist or fit round the waist and cut off the blood supply in the hips! grin

Nannanoo Sat 03-Sep-16 10:35:37

Falmer jeans are pretty good. Matalan sell them, and they are 'woman shaped' - generous around the bum, and more fitted at the waist. I like them because I am the traditional hourglass shape, although I have to admit that there are too many hours each end of the glass!

crozziefan23 Sat 03-Sep-16 11:12:34

Marks and Spencer 'Roma' jeans are my favorites. The Roma label means they sit on the waist perfectly, come in all sizes and three lengths, loads of colours and have some stretch. They usually come with a coordinating belt, wash well and look good. I can't stand those jeans that are not woman shaped or are hipsters. I am a curvy size 16 and find M & S trousers and jeans the best fit. Trouble is that big varieties of sizes and colours are not widely available in all stores, but if you live near a large M & S then you should find them or buy on line. Failing that, Debenhams would be next best try. My fear is that M & S and Debenhams would go the way BHS just lately. Not a lot of more sensibly priced, quality stores left for over 60's who like stylish fashion.

Neversaydie Sat 03-Sep-16 11:41:14

NYDJ jeans last forever I bought some , gained weight gave to slimmer but curvy daughter .Daughter gained weight ,gave them back (I'd lost some). Daughter wears jeans for work so had 'lived' in them for about 3 years I reckon they got about 7 years worth of constant use.I now wear 'round the house' as they area bit faded
Waiting til I lose my last 5 lbs before investing in more.Considering a trip to USA next spring so may delay (they are about £60 there.Nearer £150 here . I know...ridiculous But I'm worth it .) I do think if you are of mature years (i'm 66) and live in jeans they have to look good . I go for dark blue and black though I do have a white pair for in between seasons

Neversaydie Sat 03-Sep-16 11:42:40

Yes agree Roma jeans are good if you want to veer away from standard blue and black But have got mistrustful of M and S quality of late

Lewlew Sat 03-Sep-16 12:08:13

I am in love with Wizard Jeans. I bought a couple on sale and the stretch fit holds in your tum and bum vs hugging your thighs. I now have almost a dozen pairs in all colours and rarely wear any other trousers and they can look really dressy when you choose ones without the obvious logo on the back pocket. The waistbands do not roll. I used by buy jeans in the US when visiting, Gloria Vanderbilt. But Wizards are better. Not cheap at regular prices, and I try to avoid them and wait for sales, but the ones I have do not wear out easily at all.

I just noticed... there is a sale on...whoo hoo! Sally Allen founded it, so being in the right age group... she understands fitting middle aged and older women, although now she is selling to a younger set as well.

www.wizardjeans.com/

Jan51 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:14:28

I buy my jeans from Bonmarche. Cheap, good shape and last for years. Also good long lengths (I like jeans to skim the floor).

littlefierce Sat 03-Sep-16 12:34:25

NYDJ. Don't wear anything else now. I've 3 pairs of straight jeans for everyday, 2 dark ones for smart casual, & just bought 2 pairs of skinny. But their skinny isn't skin tight, they look really good. They also do petite sizing, & advise buying one size smaller than your usual. Yes they are very expensive but I'm signed up for their emails & always wait till the sales. When you look at cost per wear, it isn't bad, my straight & smart jeans have been going strong for about 4 years now.

Peaseblossom Sat 03-Sep-16 12:44:50

OMG!!! £150 for a pair of jeans. shock Even at the sale price they must be very expensive.

lizzypopbottle Sat 03-Sep-16 13:00:18

The jeans I'm wearing right now are from Next and they are called Lift, Slim & Shape and are straight leg with some stretch but don't bag. They are higher waisted than I was used to previously (can't stand that feeling of being cut in two horizontally and vertically!) but they are pretty comfortable. They weren't the cheapest but were around £50 I think. They feel good quality compared with the really cheap Asda ones I bought and regretted. They haven't faded yet but have only been washed three or four times.

Sheilasue Sat 03-Sep-16 13:51:30

That might just what I am looking for izzypopbottle, have a cheap pair of M&S jeans which are more like hipsters not very comfortable. Thinking about.not wearing jeans anymore unless they fit well, they go baggy on the bum and my bum is baggy anyway problem is I like them for the winter.

lizzypopbottle Sat 03-Sep-16 13:58:47

I've found jeans shopping really frustrating lately. I find some I like, wear them into holes and then find they no longer make that style. ? I wish I could remember to buy multiple pairs when I find a pair I really like. Topshop used to be good but I refuse to pay good money for jeans with ready prepared rips and tears in them!

Blinko Sat 03-Sep-16 14:17:33

And Top Shop is owned by the awful Philip Green.....

Perdita33 Sat 03-Sep-16 14:38:50

I've just treated myself to some Not Your Daughters Jeans - they are lovely, really stretchy and comfy, and slimming. Make me feel great wearing them, so I can justify the high price. Otherwise, I have some Per Una Roma fit jeans which I've had for years, they fit well