Gransnet forums

Sport

Jannik Sinner

(5 Posts)
Streaky Sat 27-Jan-24 12:43:27

With the departure of Federer and probably Nadal, my new favourite is Janik Sinner. I love watching him play, no tempers or tantrums, just gets on with the game. I really hope he wins tomorrow, I will be watching.
Also has anyone ever subscribed to Tennistv? I subscribed for a month to try it and watch some atp tour matches. But now I want to cancel, and I’m finding it impossible. Unfortunately I used Applepay and this seems to have complicated matters.
I am thinking of contacting my bank to stop payments.

Birthto110 Thu 01-Feb-24 23:29:50

Can you not go into your Apple account to stop payments? I have done this before - ie trialled something and found it hard to opt out after the first month - but it can be done in settings.

srwildav Fri 02-Feb-24 12:00:35

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Streaky Fri 02-Feb-24 12:11:51

Thank you for all the suggestions. I didn’t have any joy trying all those routes. In the end I just temporarily deleted my card from Apple Pay. Today was when my subscription should have been renewed, so I immediately received an email informing me my card had been rejected! After a couple of back and forth emails they finally deleted my account.
Perhaps later in the year I might subscribe again for a month or two, but I won’t use Apple Pay this time.
Thank you

Labradora Fri 02-Feb-24 14:59:50

100% with you re the young Mr Sinner. Terrific player much improved and with more confidence than a few years ago QED just won his first Grand Slam in Oz. Felt sorry for Medvedev though who I also like enormously.