Gransnet forums

Site stuff

The order of postings when one has just posted

(15 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Baggs Fri 25-Feb-22 16:36:20

Has anyone else noticed this of late – that their post, although thre latest one in time appears lower down the list on the Active page than several posts that were made before it?

tanith Fri 25-Feb-22 16:42:02

I’ve had that happen a few times no idea why.

Blossoming Fri 25-Feb-22 16:43:11

I don’t really use it Baggs ax I’m not sure how often it updates or how the thread are selected. I tend to use the Last Hour one.

FannyCornforth will probably have noticed it though.

Greenfinch Fri 25-Feb-22 16:48:29

Yes I have noticed this. Recently I posted on two meet up threads consecutively. The Reading one appeared at the top of the Active list and I really thought the Wokingham one hadn’t registered until I saw it way down the list.

Calendargirl Fri 25-Feb-22 19:18:25

Often happens if you comment on Coronation Street, on the TV forum.

Usually ends up near the bottom.

Think Corrie must be viewed as a bit naff by the powers that be!

grannyactivist Fri 15-Apr-22 08:10:16

I’ve just posted on the Rwanda thread and noticed this for the first time. In fact I thought at first that my post hadn’t uploaded, but it simply hadn’t moved to the top of the board.

GNHQ can you please explain how and why this happens?

JackyB Fri 15-Apr-22 08:28:43

This issue has been put to GNHQ before. I got the impression they didn't understand what we were talking about.

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1301214-Why-do-some-topics-not-move-up-the-active-thread

vegansrock Fri 15-Apr-22 08:31:29

It’s always the politics or brexit threads that stay low. I commented on the Rwanda thread and it stayed put.

JackyB Fri 15-Apr-22 08:32:44

Having just skimmed through that thread I notice that there wasn't a single comment in it from GNHQ, which would have been highlighted in blue.

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Apr-22 08:39:30

Blossoming

I don’t really use it Baggs ax I’m not sure how often it updates or how the thread are selected. I tend to use the Last Hour one.

FannyCornforth will probably have noticed it though.

Ha ha! Too right I have! ?

Baggs it’s been going on for ages. There are even some threads that don’t register at all.
Notably the lovely ‘1000 pictures’ thread started by Ellianne.

I’ve been banging on about it for over a year.
I’ve started threads about it and contacted HQ, who just deny that it is happening.
Or explain how the system works, when I know full well how it should work.
Or ignore me (well, who can blame them)

? In my humble opinion, I don’t think that they know very much about what goes on here

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Apr-22 08:44:24

JackyB

Having just skimmed through that thread I notice that there wasn't a single comment in it from GNHQ, which would have been highlighted in blue.

They did comment on my thread, but unfortunately I can’t do links to threads.
It’s somewhere in ‘site stuff’
I’ll see if I can do it…

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Apr-22 08:47:04

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1296925-Royal-threads-hidden

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Apr-22 08:50:00

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1297752-Why-do-threads-no-longer-appear-in-time-date-order-on-the-Active-list

AnnieGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 16-Apr-22 12:58:38

Hello everyone. I've just checked the Active list and the times of the last posts are in order of most recent as you'd expect. Could you please share a screenshot on this thread if that's not what you're seeing?

NotSpaghetti Sat 16-Apr-22 13:16:42

grannyactivist

I’ve just posted on the Rwanda thread and noticed this for the first time. In fact I thought at first that my post hadn’t uploaded, but it simply hadn’t moved to the top of the board.

GNHQ can you please explain how and why this happens?

I just had this happen too