Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

'Sainsbury's 'Registration Confirmation' re. Prize of a Ninja Air Fryer. Do not open this email!

(5 Posts)
Candelle Fri 14-Jul-23 13:34:45

I have received a couple of messages purporting to be from Sainsbury's. These are headed 'Registration Confirmation'. The hook is to win a Ninja Air fryer and there is a picture of a woman with the appliance.

If you wish to unsubscribe, you are encouraged to 'click here' but of course, don't!

The address for 'Sainsbury's is in Florida.

Do not open this email!

EkwaNimitee Fri 14-Jul-23 13:42:21

I’m getting these every day. Haven’t looked too closely as I don’t want an air fryer but thinking about it, it’s not what you’d expect the real Sainsbury’s to do. It looks realistic though at first glance. Good warning.

Grantanow Fri 21-Jul-23 09:34:05

I forward these scams to [email protected] so GCHQ can attack the senders.

Mollygo Fri 21-Jul-23 13:36:59

The latest one that I’m getting keeps telling me that if I don’t click here, I will be unable to access my sky email if I don’t click here to renew my details. Reported it and reported it to Sky.

Funnygran Fri 21-Jul-23 13:54:04

I get 3 or 4 of these air fryer ones every day. As well as Sainsbury’s they also claim to be from Screwfix and Argos. I delete them and I suspect can’t unsubscribe them as they come from the US. Interestingly they disappear from my deleted items box immediately. I didn’t know you could forward them on anywhere so will do that next time.