Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

Scam emails re Amazon sign in

(4 Posts)
25Avalon Thu 03-Nov-22 22:11:13

I received an email purporting to be from Amazon, saying there was sign in activity on my account. If it was me not to worry but if it wasn’t would I click on the Amazon link. The sign in was from Greece. The email address at the top was a list of letters and numbers so I figured it wasn’t Amazon and deleted it.

MerylStreep Thu 03-Nov-22 22:15:58

I’ve posted this many times before.
If you don’t leave your card on Amazon your perfectly safe.

crazyH Thu 03-Nov-22 22:19:06

No, I haven’t received emails from Amazon, but a strange phone call, (0333….) , addressing me by my first name. I just put the phone down.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 24-Nov-22 16:55:22

Recently I ordered something from Amazon as I could find absolutely no other way of getting it. Haven't ordered anything for about a year. Today I have had a phone call with a recorded message saying that my Prime account has had to be renewed and that they have charged me £90 to do so. As I don't leave a card on my account (just buy gift tokens at the supermarket if I absolutely have to use Amazon), and don't even have a Prime account, I'm not sure where they can have found £90! grin

The most annoying thing is that the number appeared to be local from our small town, which is why I answered it. Beware! angry