Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

E.ON Winter Payment.

(4 Posts)
Calendargirl Fri 01-Jul-22 10:13:36

Received an e Mail from Eon this morning, saying there has been an error in my billing, overcharged by £85.

Also mentions a gas refund.

The details can be ‘viewed online’. Will be refunded electronically by card. confused

Am not with them for my utilities, but they are the ones who pay me for my solar panel quarterly payments, which is why it caught my eye.

Needless to say, did not click on anything, especially when I noticed they had spelt ‘amount’ with 2 mm’s, i.e. ‘ammount’.

Just be aware. Especially with fuel payment help coming to some of us in the autumn.It will be nice if the £85 appears in my account though!

Bakingmad0203 Fri 01-Jul-22 13:26:23

Calendargirl
I received exactly the same email yesterday with the wrong spelling of amount! They have got access to my email address somehow. There must be a problem with EOn ‘s security system as they supply us.

Actually this is the third time in 5 months , its very annoying. I’ve reported it to EON twice. The first time they thanked me, confirmed it was a scam and told me to delete it. I notice they have used it as an example of scam emails in their guidance.

I also tried to report it to the Government Phishing email but my email came back as an invalid email address?

MariaP1984 Tue 12-Jul-22 23:40:18

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mokryna Wed 13-Jul-22 03:04:31

Reported