Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

We'd love your thoughts on this short survey - £100 voucher to be won

(32 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 09-Mar-21 17:40:39

We'd like to understand your thoughts about the Coronavirus situation at the moment, including grandparents providing childcare.

This survey is open to all UK Gransnet users and all who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £100 voucher.

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight T&Cs apply

Scribbles Thu 11-Mar-21 22:22:56

What sort of a daft survey is this? It asks how many grandchildren I have.
My answer: 0
Next question: How old are your grandchildren?
and it insists upon an answer. There is no Not Applicable option.

Doh! That's the last occasion I will waste any of my time and attention on such foolishness.

Blossoming Thu 11-Mar-21 23:24:56

It didn’t do that for me, I’ve just completed it.

FannyCornforth Fri 12-Mar-21 00:36:46

Scribbles it worked absolutely fine for me.
I ticked the 'no grandchildren' box too

GrandmamamamamaGG Fri 12-Mar-21 13:46:40

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jzpap Fri 12-Mar-21 17:46:21

Why are people on Gransnet if they have no Grandchildren?

Kittyme1 Fri 12-Mar-21 17:57:07

Duly completed!

Scribbles Fri 12-Mar-21 22:58:48

OK. If it works for everyone else, I guess I'll have to concede it was finger trouble. But I can't be bothered to go back and try again; sorry GNHQ.

Jzpap: In my case, it's because I'm b#$-*¥ perverse!

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 02:52:27

Jzpap

Why are people on Gransnet if they have no Grandchildren?

Is this a genuine question, or are you on the wind up?
It's quite obvious that we discuss many, many other things than grandparenting on here.

Parky Sat 13-Mar-21 09:37:03

Oh dear. I rather thought gransnet was for women who had grandchildren. Doesn't mean you can't discuss other topics

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 10:39:32

Parky

Oh dear. I rather thought gransnet was for women who had grandchildren. Doesn't mean you can't discuss other topics

Why? Why shouldn't I be here?
I don't get it.
Brace yourself - I don't have children either shock

Charleygirl5 Sat 13-Mar-21 11:04:02

Parky neither do I- I had no idea I should not be here! I have been a member for over 10 years and to date it has not been a problem. Are you new and wanting to change the rules?

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 11:37:03

Solidarity Charlie thanks

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Mar-21 11:38:14

Oh dear indeed hmm

eazybee Sat 13-Mar-21 16:13:40

Exactly the same: how many grandchildren?:none;
What ages are your grandchildren? This question requires and answer!!!
In reply to Jzpap: not a requirement of entry to have grandchildren.

Missfoodlove Sat 13-Mar-21 16:55:52

Why would anyone start a survey about the care of grand children if they were not a grandparent?
It’s looking for something to complain about.

Doodledog Sat 13-Mar-21 18:00:33

Missfoodlove

Why would anyone start a survey about the care of grand children if they were not a grandparent?

No, the OP says that the survey is asking our thoughts on the Coronavirus situation at the moment including grandparents providing childcare.

Not 'What are grandparents' thoughts on childcare (or the Coronavirus situation)?', which would be a very different question, and in any case wouldn't make the surgery question a sensible one.

Tangerine Sat 13-Mar-21 20:32:09

I don't think it matters if people are not grandparents.

Perhaps a change of name for the site is in order. Gransnet sounds a bit old-fashioned.

In case I sound unkind, I'd like to say I enjoy my time on Gransnet.

Callistemon Sat 13-Mar-21 20:46:16

Perhaps a change of name for the site is in order. Gransnet sounds a bit old-fashioned.

Grumpsnetters?

Posts shoots and leaves.

FannyCornforth Sun 14-Mar-21 09:02:27

Missfoodlove

It's not about Grandparenting.
It's about Lockdown.

Oldwoman70 Sun 14-Mar-21 09:19:10

I'm another who is childfree - I will now banish myself to a cave in the middle of nowhere so as not to offend those who have given birth

Parky Sun 14-Mar-21 10:17:48

Sorry if I unintentionally stired things up. I have absolutely no problems with grandchildless (is there such a word) just went on the name which is gransnet.

People can be very prickly

Blossoming Sun 14-Mar-21 12:24:35

Missfoodlove

I’m in it for the £100 voucher grin

OnwardandUpward Sun 14-Mar-21 17:39:36

I'm in it for the £100 voucher too ! grin

Franbern Wed 17-Mar-21 09:02:53

The name Gransnet is a little confusing. Suppose it was originally taken from the Mumsnet. However to me it has always just been a good site for discussions with more mature aged people, not just grandparents, or, indeed, just women.

One of my friends used to come with me to a local Gransnet meet-up group, and was always worried as she did not have (not is likely to have) any g.children. I (and the other there) always told her that it was not a problem).

My biggest shock though is nothing to do with whether or not posters have children or g.children, but realising that many of the posters on here are around the same ages as my own children. Not sure if we now need a separate section for those, say, over the age of 75 years. smile