Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Do you have a child who has married? Take this survey - £100 voucher to be won

(37 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-Mar-19 15:15:51

We are interested to know more about your grown-up children and their weddings. If you are a gransnetter with one or more children that have married or planned a wedding, take our survey, in association with Relate, for the chance to win a £100 voucher.

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

MiniMoon Fri 22-Mar-19 15:45:38

Completed the survey but I'm not sure how my answers will be of any use. My DD and SiL went to Scotland and were married in a B&B that was a converted chapel. They did it themselves, no guests. My DD was six months pregnant. They always planned to do a vow renewal in church. My DD had already bought her wedding dress. It hasn't happened yet and they've been married for 13 years.

Purpledaffodil Fri 22-Mar-19 19:20:23

Completed. One wedding down, two to go.?

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Mar-19 19:50:29

Stumbled at first post as I have one (or more) or each!

Granny23 Sat 23-Mar-19 09:43:04

Last Wedding I was at had a Groom and a Groom. One Groom's family was out in force the other's family refused to come, so we stood in as his family. There was a specific request for no presents. Instead we were invited to donate to a particular charity, which we did and a large sum was raised. I've heard of this being done before but not an option to tick in the survey.

glammanana Sat 23-Mar-19 10:13:33

All done and dusted for my three ACs,starting on the DGSs now.

flowerpot2000 Sat 23-Mar-19 13:56:13

survey done and completed

Ginny42 Sat 23-Mar-19 14:18:43

Would not allow me to proceed beyond saying the problem was not resolved by any of the measures in the list.

Farmor15 Sat 23-Mar-19 14:37:56

Just did it- no problem.

libra10 Sun 24-Mar-19 06:45:59

Survey done, didn't take long.

mcem Sun 24-Mar-19 08:32:22

Didn't find it useful or particularly informative.

Allegretto Sun 24-Mar-19 09:14:42

Survey completed

Chewbacca Sun 24-Mar-19 09:37:05

The questions seemed rather vague and generic but hey ho.....

Lisapaige24 Sun 24-Mar-19 11:54:14

Complete

M0nica Sun 24-Mar-19 12:09:34

A very limited range of questions, on a very limited range of topics.

I have never been to a wedding where the bride and groom asked for money. I have been to ones where guests were asked to give money to a chosen charity rather than give presents. That way no-one knew how much anyone had given (if any), but the charity got a good sum of money.

I think this limited questionnaire was aimed at the big expensive showy wedding population. We are the church wedding with African choir and Performance Poet as the master of ceremonies in a village hall kind with catering and decorating done by friends. Perhaps Relate doesn't have much experience of those kind of weddings .

GN, though should know by now that the range of weddings people choose, cost and dress, do extend beyond dressing like a lampshade and spending too much money.

ninathenana Sun 24-Mar-19 12:51:14

I opted out of the household income question. I fail to see the relevance.

I have been to two weddings where money was requested. In both cases the couple had a home and family already. One couple wanted to do home improvements the other couple wanted a honeymoon hmm

M0nica Sun 24-Mar-19 14:47:39

The relevance is because it is part of the analysisi they do, seeing if people from different income groups give different answers.

It cannot necessarily be assumed that the richer the family the more expensive the wedding, or that parents will be more prepared to pay. Similarly are over seas weddings something that only the wealthy can afford or would they not touch them with a barge pole.

pennwood Sun 24-Mar-19 21:51:46

It makes sense to request a monetary gift when two homes merge and the last thing the couple need are more things for the home. Couples live together more these days, or have a home each prior to marriage which did not happen years ago. The survey was quite vague and very generic.

Bobdoesit Mon 25-Mar-19 10:58:53

survey completed

cathisherwood Mon 25-Mar-19 13:39:15

survey cpmpleted

missdeke Mon 25-Mar-19 13:58:06

Completed.

LizH13 Mon 25-Mar-19 14:35:00

Question 6 regarding resolving the issues wouldn't let me move on without ticking something on every line, which doesn't give a true picture of resolution

LizH13 Mon 25-Mar-19 14:36:28

Current income isn't relevant to what it was at the time

Mopsx4 Mon 25-Mar-19 17:07:16

Survey completed

M0nica Mon 25-Mar-19 21:30:18

pennwood they could ask for donations to a charity rather than money, I mean they do already have everything they need. Shelter might be a very appropriate charity for such a wedding.