Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Suffer with joint pain? Read how the GN testers of GOPO® Joint Health rose-hip supplement are getting on

(93 Posts)
EmmaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-18 17:11:15

NOW CLOSED

We were asked by the team at GOPO® Joint Health to find 40 gransnetters who suffer with joint pain to try their rose-hip supplement and report back. Find out how they are getting on below.

GOPO say “GOPO® Joint Health is made from 100% specially cultivated natural rose-hip and is the only product of its kind to contain a high level of GOPO® - a key component of the rose-hip which may play a valuable role in the care of joints and joint tissues”.

What‘s in GOPO® Joint Health?
- Made from 100% natural rose-hip
- Contains high level of GOPO®
- Rich in Vitamin C which is essential for normal collagen formation, needed by the body for healthy bones and cartilage
- Free from yeast, gluten, wheat, dairy and lactose
- Contains no GM ingredients
- Does not contain shellfish
- GOPO® Joint Health is a non-allergen and is suitable for people with diabetes.

More info here and here

First impressions (added after 2 weeks of receiving supplements)
- Why did you want to try this supplement? How old are you? What other supplements have you tried? Which joints are in pain?
- What were your first impressions of the supplement?
- How were the instructions?
- What do you think about the packaging?

Second feedback (about 6 weeks in)
- How are you getting on with the supplements?
- Have you spoken about them to anyone else?
- How would you describe them to someone who didn’t know?
- Have you noticed any changes with your joint pain or mobility?

Third feedback (after 3 months)
Now you are at the end of the 3 months, please say whether you think...
...GOPO® has helped with joint pain? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has helped with mobility? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has impacted on your daily activities and daily life? Yes or no and if so how?
- Would you recommend it to someone else with joint pain and do you think you will carry on taking GOPO®?

All testers who give feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list, but includes M&S, Boots, Debenhams, Amazon and loads more!)

Thanks GNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

RosemaryAnne Mon 22-Oct-18 17:41:26

I wanted to try this to see if it helped at all. I am 70 years old. I did try a glucosamine supplement some time ago but it stopped being made. Others are pills or capsules which I find hard to swallow. I used to suffer with my knees, but now my hands are the worst problem. Particularly the left hand and thumb joint.

My first impressions were that the pot holding the capsules was easy to open. What a wonderful change. Instructions were easy to understand and confirmed I could open capsules and sprinkle on food. I started off doing this, but now I find it easier to mix up with water and swallow that way. Taste was a bit too sweet on my dinner!! So far all is going well although I haven't noticed any improvements yet, but it is very early days.

coffeepot Mon 22-Oct-18 17:42:14

I am 64 years of age, work 3 days a week and keep very active. Despite all the exercise I have developed osteoarthritis in all my joints which is extremely painful! I have taken osteocare for 2 years but have not noticed any improvement in joint pain which is progressing quickly,so I am very keen to see if these supplements will help. The GOPO Joint Health supplements are packaged well and adequately. The capsules are easy to swallow with water although the contents can be sprinkled on food if necessary. Instructions are easy to follow. Too early to say if supplements are going to work but I am ever the optimist!

Biddysue Mon 22-Oct-18 17:48:58

I have received 3 bottles of GOPO to try.
The instructions are very clear and advise that 3 capsules twice a day for 3/5 weeks are needed to start . I am beginning the 3rd week .
I am 62 and suffer from painful knees and achy and stiff finger and elbow joints.
I have tried evening primrose oil and cod liver oil and found some reduction in stiffness but still suffer some pain.
I have stopped taking these supplements and only taking GOPO to see if it can help.
I did have a slight stomach upset during the first week but this was only mild and not too troublesome.
The capsules are easy to swallow and do not have an after taste.
The packaging is easy to open when you have stiff fingers!
I have decided to continue with the advised dosage for 5 weeks.
The instructions do say to test for 3 months before reviewing any benefits.
I don’t appear to have any side effects at all now and feel quite happy to continue with this trail.

BlueBelle Mon 22-Oct-18 18:08:33

I m 73 have osteoporosis with expected aches and pains I don’t let them rule me in any way but thought it was well worth a try I am about ten days into the trial on the heavy dose all good no side effects but too early to expect any relief
Watch this space !

GrAnne2 Mon 22-Oct-18 18:12:51

I am 61 years old &fit and active (I walk a couple of hours a day with my dogs and practise yoga) but have developed osteoarthritis in some fingers. I have tried circumin supplements but they gave me an extremely upset stomach. These capsules are easy to swallow, tasteless, and with no noticeable aftertast.
It’s too soon to tell if they have any benefits.
Although the capsules are easy to take I would prefer not to have to take 6 per day, but that’s a very minor quibble.

LadyO Mon 22-Oct-18 18:26:29

I am 61 and have various aches and pains but most particularly in my hands.
Apologies - I had received my GoPo tablets but have not yet started taking them regularly as I was unwell - I needed to take 2 courses of antibiotics, so I did not want to add any more pills to the mix at the same time...
Will start the course this week.

midsummermadness Mon 22-Oct-18 18:31:43

I am 76 and suffer from a lot of arthritic pain in my feet and ankles, which makes walking unpleasant. The tabs are easy to take, instructions very clear and packaging OK. I can't say I have noticed much difference yet, but I have only been taking GOPO for 8 days or so, and I am hopeful that things will improve. I have had a lot of swelling in my legs, ankles and feet every day this week... not sure if it's connected, it may just be coincidental.

Crazygran Mon 22-Oct-18 18:37:46

I am almost 64, have had both hips replaced and suffer from pain in most joint,particularly knees and fingers at moment.
Have started taking the capsules,as they are with water,they are easy to swallow.
Instructions are clear.
Too early to see any results yet but hopefully they will work.
Thank you for including me in the trial

harrysgran Mon 22-Oct-18 18:40:42

I am 61 and I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis I also suffer from bursitis in my hips I have tried supplement before glucosamine and cod liver oil capsules I found the capsule quite difficult to swallow at first but now I take them with a little milk I don't have a problem they did upset my digestion for first couple of days but this may have been to do with the medication I am taking I found packaging easy to open and instructions simple and informative

Angelwhisper Mon 22-Oct-18 21:04:49

I am 66 and as well as overall joint pains I have recently been diagnosed with a degenerative shoulder joint for which I was using glucosamine with chondroitin and calcium. This I have now stopped and am taking the GoPo tablets with no ill effects however it is too early to say whether it is beneficial to my condition. The tablets are odourless and and easy to swallow and come in an easy to open container with clear instructions on how to take. As I continue to take these I am optimistic that I will see results as time goes on, so fingers crossed for a good result and a lessening of my joint stiffness and pain.

sweeties24 Mon 22-Oct-18 23:07:07

I have had joint pain for years now, ever since I was a child. mainly both my knees and my hip too. I have been taking calcium and cod liver oil capsules. now I am taking GOPO, the instructions are clear and the packaging is great. The capsules looked quite big to me but suprisingly very easy to swallow. I must say, I feel more healthier but maybe it's too early to tell if this is helping with my condition. I will carry on taking GOPO and hope it eventually makes a difference and eases the pain.

cookiemonster66 Mon 22-Oct-18 23:13:56

I am 52, I have arthritis in some fingers and suffer with fibromyalgia so I am in pain with my joints every day, back, neck, legs. My mobility is impaired and I walk with a stick, and registered disabled. My first impressions were that the bottles were big, and once opened I can see why as the capsules are massive. I struggle to swallow the 6 a day and they often get stuck in my throat, it is putting me off taking them to be honest. I have not seen an improvement yet and I usually take glucosamine max strength for my joints (one tablet once a day) One funny thing though, both me and hubby instantly thought the box said goPRO as in cameras, LOL!

Psalmody Tue 23-Oct-18 01:25:30

I am 64 and am currently experiencing severe pain in my hip and general aches in my shoulders. The capsules are rather big, but just about manageable. I haven't noticed any appreciable change, but it is probably too soon given that most healing and replenishing takes time.

Valbeasixties Tue 23-Oct-18 06:42:06

I was very pleased to be given the opportunity to trial this product.
* I am 65 years old and experience mild arthritis in my hands and bouts of joint pain in varying areas of my body due to having a connective tissue disease. I wear a copper bangle, eat healthily and take a variety of vitamins and minerals including glucosamine. *
* I find it very hard to swallow tablets so the fact that I can sprinkle the mix onto food is a real bonus. I am using it on homemade muesli at breakfast time and on yogurt after my evening meal. I really like the flavour of it. *
* The instructions are clear and easy to understand. *
*The packaging is professional.*

glammanana Tue 23-Oct-18 09:21:26

Thank you for allowing me to take part in this GOPO test.
I am 68yrs of age and welcome any help I can get to try and ease the discomfort I have with my joints specially my shoulder and upper right arm which was very badly shattered in a fall over 3 yrs ago I am now feeling the after effects of that fall and the joints are very painful.
The fact that you can sprinkle on cereal/food is so good as I have problems swallowing a larger tablet.
I am on the start of my 3rd week and look forward to signs of improvement over the next months.
The packaging was easy to open and the twist lid makes it easy for painful fingers far better than a flip top lid.
Having Diabetes and taking the product is an added bonus
I look forward to the next few months and improvement with this product,
Thank you

Noraturner Tue 23-Oct-18 12:26:26

I wanted to see if it will help my painful joints especially my knees.I am 72.I have tried glucosamine and turmeric capsules.Nice friendly Chucky packaging easy to open.I find capsules quite large so I open up and mix with water.Instrutions easy to follow.Too soon for any results will carry on with trail

Gailly1 Tue 23-Oct-18 12:41:16

I have been taking the capsules for 1 week now and during this time I have experienced no pain in my right knee. I suffer from osteoarthritis and have done for 8 years after two incidents of knee dislocation and ligament damage. I usually suffer when the weather is damp. It's early days yet but I hope to stay pain free and will continue with the trial.

ayjay Tue 23-Oct-18 14:20:04

I'm 60. I walk a lot - 1.5 - 2 hrs a day and can manage this once I "get going". I find I get quite stiff so getting out of a chair etc can be challenging. I get really bad hip pain at night, and get pain in knees and hips (and sometimes hands and feet) druing the day.
I haven't taken supplements before. I take painkillers at night and an anti- inflammatory the former means I get a couple of hours before tossing and turning and the latter means I can reach my feet to put socks and shoes on and get out of a chair in reasonable time.
First impressions - they are big capsules and you start taking 3, twice a day - but they are easy enough to swallow and there is no unpleasant taste. They are in quite a big container - but quite swanky. Instructions are clear enough.
I have only been taking them 10 days and as I experience better and worse days - time will tell. I haven't noticed any side effects

Beacon61 Tue 23-Oct-18 15:21:36

I was really glad to be selected to try and review GOPO, as I've been looking for additional supplementation to manage rheumatoid arthritis.
I'm 57, and the pain and loss of mobility I experience is significantly impacting on everyday activities, so I am keen to try anything that sounds potentially beneficial! I am hoping that by the end of the trial I will be less 'fingers & thumbs'...
The box and tub are attractively designed. The white print on black background is easy to read, and the purpose of the supplement and directions are clear to follow.
The capsules are easy to swallow, and don't have any unpleasant smell or taste.
My only suggestion for improvement is to package the capsules in a smaller tub (therefore reducing the amount of plastic used).

Funnygran Tue 23-Oct-18 15:57:26

I have just turned 70 and have had arthritic joints for quite a few years. A walking holiday in the spring seemed to aggravate one of my knees and it didn't settle down as it usually does within a few weeks. I have been having some private physiotherapy and so I was very keen to try GOPO. I have tried glucosomine in the past but not felt that it did very much for me. I have been taking the rose hip for just under two weeks and am cautiously optimistic as the knee does seem to be improving. I take the tablets whole rather than opening them, three is quite a lot to manage but I don't have a problem with taking pills. I found the seal a little difficult to take off initially but the cap is easy to remove now that the seal is off. The leaflet and label are informative and clear to understand.

annsixty Tue 23-Oct-18 16:27:05

Once again it would seem that the majority of people doing the trial are people who join just to enter competitions or take other advantages.
I was pleased to see a few familiar names.

Amee Tue 23-Oct-18 17:06:49

Thank you for the opportunity to trail this product.
I am 57 and have pain in the fingers of my right hand, both knees and right elbow, my right ankle is often swollen. I also have sciatica due to a bulge on disc and plantar fasciitis, so any pain relief will be most welcome. I take a Calcium & Vitamin D tablet as well as Omega 3 Fish Oil capsule.

I like the packaging, think it is very recognisable being orange and black and found it easy to read the white text on black background. The directions are clearly stated. I was able to open the tub easily. I take 3 capsules at breakfast and 3 after my evening meal, they have no aftertaste.

I do not have any trouble swallowing these capsules, I thought I would as this is often a problem for me, and they look so big. I was pleased to see that they can also be opened and used that way, which I thought was a good alternative. Although sometimes I do find they stick a bit inside the mouth when i pop them in, but I try to remember to take a sip of water first and this helps, and I can swallow them ok.

I have been taking these for 12 days now. I have noticed my knees have hurt less when walking on stairs the last couple of days, and my ankle has not been swollen either, which I am pleased about, but no change in my fingers or elbow yet, but it is still very early into the course, so I am hoping
things may improve with time.

I have not suffered any side effects and I am happily continuing with the trail.

TheMaggiejane1 Tue 23-Oct-18 19:47:37

I have had arthritis in my hips, knees, wrists and hands since I was 23. I am now 64 and my hands have become particularly painful. I found the instruction to be clear and the packaging is uncluttered and professional looking. Unfortunately I had an extreme stomach upset after taking the full dose for only 2 days. I therefore stopped for a few days and am now taking just 1 tablet twice a day to see if I can work up to the full dose. I hope this approach works!

kittykat692 Wed 24-Oct-18 11:39:54

I have arthritis in my knees. I found the instructions clear but the tablets are very big! Haven't noticed any difference yet but hoping this will improve over time.