Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Have you or a family member you are responsible for had treatment in a hospital in the last 5 years? Complete a survey for your chance to win a £300 voucher NOW CLOSED

(19 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 21-Dec-15 12:44:26

We'd love folks on Gransnet and Mumsnet to complete a survey about the factors you consider when getting treatment in a hospital. It is open to all UK gransnetters / mumsnetters who have had treatment themselves, or have a family member directly in their care who has had treatment in a hospital in the last 5 years.

Note the survey is also open to MN and GNers and there's one winner across all entries.

Here's the link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MFR5GHB

Everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

GNHQ

tanith Mon 21-Dec-15 13:42:22

Just a quick question I'm not sure who qualifies as a family member in my direct care, OH was in my care while he was sick and waiting surgery but that isn't the case now so can I take part or not?

Teetime Mon 21-Dec-15 14:27:23

Done

Charleygirl Mon 21-Dec-15 14:35:36

Me too

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 21-Dec-15 14:43:23

tanith - yes that's fine - it just if you were involved in any decision making really.

M0nica Mon 21-Dec-15 15:06:11

Got stuck on Q4. The OP should make clear that this questionnaire is only for those going into hospital on an elective basis and does not cover acute admissions.

Over the last 10 years people I am directly responsible for have been admitted to hospital 5 times. All of them acute admissions.

tanith Mon 21-Dec-15 15:20:32

Thanks its now done.

Stansgran Mon 21-Dec-15 15:52:47

I've had an op in November . I didn't understand why anyone would choose a hospital with a poor reputation. I was encouraged by the surgeon to choose the NHS hospital although I was willing to go P&O the local BUPA. He preferred the expertise of the NHS hospital .

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 22-Dec-15 10:34:38

M0nica - there is a NA option for this Q and we have added in a Q on whether it was planned or emergency treatment: some of these statements would apply for emergency treatment though - like distance
thanks

Lilygran Tue 22-Dec-15 10:58:29

The first question about choice of hospital doesn't give a further common reason which is that while there may be a number of hospitals within easy reach, there may not be a choice in real terms. 'Don't know' hardly covers it and neither does 'GP recommendation'. I'm getting more and more cynical about this kind of survey. You don't get answers to the questions you don't ask and multiple choice can be an instrument so blunt that it all but obliterates meaning.

Luckygirl Tue 22-Dec-15 17:26:15

All surveys are flawed in their different ways. I started on this one, but because my last admission was an emergency one, the issue of choice was irrelevant - I went where the ambulance took me, and was glad of it!!

durhamjen Tue 22-Dec-15 19:11:19

Same here, luckygirl. Many of the questions after that were irrelevant.

I got the impression the survey makers knew what responses they wanted.

It would have been good if there had been room for any other comments, such as choose and book not working, so although it looks like you have a choice, there isn't one really, particularly if you want to go to the nearest hospital and it says you can, but no dates appear, as happened to me twice.

loopylou Wed 23-Dec-15 10:40:12

Mine was an emergency so I quite frankly didn't care less about most of the things that the questionnaire asked.
For elective procedures we're pretty lucky for good hospitals around here. I know that isn't the case for everyone.

savvynanny Wed 23-Dec-15 12:39:00

Mine was an emergency admission I had no choice which hospital or treatment , I wasn't interested in the hospital food but was concerned about HAI's Like MRSA because I know my local hospital has a very poor record .

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 23-Dec-15 14:27:22

Thanks for all the comments: useful to have for the analysis.

MaryXYX Wed 23-Dec-15 16:19:15

My last hospital admission was elective, but for many of the questions the real answer was "Not really relevant as there was only one hospital available". Fortunately I had a friend who was prepared to do the 125 mile round trip drive twice.

Lindajoy Wed 23-Dec-15 16:24:35

Where is the button to access the survey

durhamjen Wed 23-Dec-15 19:09:52

It's on the first green post, Lindajoy. surveymonkey.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Jan-16 12:05:32

The winner for this was Crumpledandcreased from MN - thanks to everyone who completed the survey.