Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Complete a survey for the Care Quality Commission and your favourite charity could win a £150 donation

(20 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Sep-15 16:15:46

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspects and rates care homes in England. CQC is teaming up with Gransnet to help discover how care should be evolving to meet the needs of the next generation, and how care homes can help facilitate relationships and social activity.

The Care Quality Commission say "Relationships are an important part of life whatever age you are. Whether it’s making each other laugh, having a hand to hold, or a shoulder to cry on, most of us need companionship at every stage of life.

Although you may not have thought about care homes yet, we're interested to find out more about your expectations should you move into a care home as you get older."

This survey is open to all gransnetters aged 50+ who are in England.

Everyone who completes the survey and adds their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw where one person will win a £150 donation to the charity of their choice.

If you're interested, here's the survey - www.surveymonkey.com/r/BN2DVZQ

Thanks and good luck.

Maggiemaybe Fri 04-Sep-15 17:09:41

Done, though the subject is one I try not to think about too often.... smile

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Sep-15 17:32:49

Completed! Hopefully I won't need the services of a care home!

cornergran Fri 04-Sep-15 20:22:13

Completed. Made me think.

Charleygirl Fri 04-Sep-15 21:39:22

I agree with "Maggiemaybe"

Knowsley Sat 05-Sep-15 09:40:07

Completed. My mother lived in a warden-patrolled residence, then with the family, and finally in a care home when she could no longer manage stairs and needed round-the-clock medical help. It made me think of my own future.

Teetime Sat 05-Sep-15 09:50:12

Done and this one had some sensible questions it sounds like someone other than us is thinking care models will have to change to suit future needs and expectations.

durhamjen Sat 05-Sep-15 11:50:31

Having visited my mother in law yesterday in a care home, very pertinent.

One thing missing from the questionnaire was about food. Having been vegetarian for nearly 40 years, I would not consider a home that did not cater for vegetarians.
There must be a lot of us.

sunseeker Mon 07-Sep-15 15:03:12

Done, but I hope I never have to go into a care home!

annsixty Thu 10-Sep-15 13:55:02

I completed this but didn't post that I had.

oznan Thu 10-Sep-15 14:42:15

Done,though I hope I will not need a care home.However,it is good to know that our opinions are valued.

kittylester Thu 10-Sep-15 16:43:05

I've come back to say I did the survey! Can't remember much about the questions so maybe I'd better start checking them out! grin

soop Thu 10-Sep-15 16:52:27

Completed.

Cherrytree59 Thu 10-Sep-15 17:48:30

Done thanks good questions

Elrel Thu 10-Sep-15 18:48:41

Done, sensible well planned survey.

NudeJude Thu 10-Sep-15 19:49:05

Done! An interesting survey, but I would like for the residents who are able, to have a vote on things within the care home. I don't know much about current care homes, but have discussed with like minded relatives the possibility of setting up home together and employing caring staff to suit out needs rather than going into a care home which caters for all types of people.

Minder Fri 18-Sep-15 09:23:15

Done. Good questions. Agree with you Jude about the residents who can, being able to vote on things in their care homes.

5timesnannie Mon 21-Sep-15 13:59:01

Have just completed CQC questionnaire having worked for caring agencies for home care and been advocate to a very dear lady who was put into a home, also my mother was in a home, I felt it very important to help improve care for the elderly. There are many very good carers but there are also those who should not be doing the job, also managers who just need to make profits. I personally have experienced being told to move to my next client after phoning the office to report a lovely lady had fallen and was in a very distressed way when I arrived at 7.30am. Needless to say I stayed with her, got her comfortable and only left when a relative arrived. This caused me to be 45mins late for all my calls that morning. Guess what! I was called into the office and serverly reprimanded. Everyone I saw that day understood, my lovely lady went to the hospital, calm and clean, the only people not happy were Management. This has to stop. Carers do not get paid extra for doing extra, but they should be supported by management. Bad carers should be reported.

Hameringham Sat 26-Sep-15 21:44:06

I have just completed this survey but then found that it did not cover Wales. Why?

Rowantree Thu 01-Oct-15 22:19:25

Done!