Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Hearing test overdue? Gransnetters needed to give the service from Specsavers a try! £200 to be won! Now available in all Specsavers! NOW CLOSED

(14 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Nov-14 14:01:07

We have been asked by the team at Specsavers as a hearing services provider to find 30-40 gransnetters to go along to one of their centres and to have a hearing test (for themselves) and to share their feedback on a thread on Gransnet.

Specsavers say “It's no secret that there's a bit of a stigma surrounding age-related hearing loss - not surprisingly because it can often be age-related...and having hearing problems isn't something that older people always want to admit to. Having hearing problems can lead to the assumption that someone is "old", and that's a big drawback when it comes to getting the issue sorted. However, we are confident we can provide the right level of support to you at one of our centres and we’d love to hear how you get on!

More info here

We’re looking for gransnetters to visit a Specsavers Hearing Care Centre in in any location in the UK

Pick a location from here

If selected, you will be asked to book a full private hearing test by telephone. On that call you will be asked a number of questions and you will need to say you are visiting on behalf of Gransnet. The test itself will last around 45 minutes. This is free.

This project is designed for people who are genuinely curious about what goes on at a hearing test, regardless of whether they think there’s a problem or not.

If a hearing loss is detected and it's something you wish to pursue then you will need to discuss this with your individual audiologist. Note there’s no obligation to get your hearing aids from Specsavers at all – this product test is just about the hearing test itself and the service in branch.

After your hearing test we’d like you to return to Gransnet to add your feedback on a thread on site. We’d also love you to add a review on the GN local pages – for example here: local.gransnet.com/hertfordshire/hearing-centres

Everyone who takes part and adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £200 voucher for the store of their choice. We’d like feedback in by the end of February so please only apply if you’re around in the next month or so.

To apply please add your details here and we will be in touch:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7ZPB89L

Thanks
GNHQ

Granoveve Sat 22-Nov-14 09:22:45

Shame lancashire wasn't on the list.

magsb1 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:19:47

I would like to try this as every one keeps saying I'm shouting and I don't think I am they also keep telling me I have the tv on to loud

durhamjen Wed 26-Nov-14 21:32:37

Neither's the North East.

POGS Thu 27-Nov-14 04:07:21

I would have gone to my local Specsavers as I think I may have a 'slight' hearing issue but like others the problem is the restriction of branches one can visit.

I believe Specsavers run on a franchise type system so maybe some branches are not prepared to participate but if that is not the case maybe the criteria could be expanded to 'your nearest' participating Specsavers Shop and a more comprehensive list be provided.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 27-Nov-14 12:09:31

hi - sorry if there's not a participating Specsavers near you.

These ones were picked so we could co-ordinate things more easily.

Specsavers say "to remind you all, hearing tests are free and are available in stores other than those listed. You can find your nearest store by visiting:
www.specsavers.co.uk/hearing"

Riverwalk Thu 27-Nov-14 12:20:23

Isn't Bury in Lancashire and Middlesbrough in the North East? confused

POGS Thu 27-Nov-14 16:44:00

Ah so Specsavers didn't provide the list of participating shops then. confused

Shame, limited the supply of GN's for sure.

Hey Ho.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 28-Nov-14 07:57:51

POGS; yes they did - sorry what I meant was so that GN and Specsavers could co-ordinate GNers attending the hearing tests more easily.

POGS Fri 28-Nov-14 15:19:29

Message clearly understood. Over and out. grin

feetlebaum Fri 28-Nov-14 15:50:41

My doctor sent me to the audiology department at a nearby NHS hospital - they gave me a thorough test, took moulds of my ears (!) and I niw s0port two hearing aids - Senility in Stereo! And all free... including replacement batteries.

feetlebaum Fri 28-Nov-14 15:51:34

"niw s0port" - I hate typing on a laptop! - "now sport"

loopylou Fri 05-Dec-14 19:08:46

I went to local Specsavers and no way could I afford to get them there! Very impressed with subsequent NHS service, free hearing aid batteries can be collected from my surgery too!

mrsredboots Tue 03-Feb-15 20:58:55

My problem is, I have had appalling service from Specsavers in the past, and am very reluctant to go near them again.