Gransnet forums

News & politics

I’m a Celebrity - normal standards don’t apply to me

(7 Posts)
MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 07:18:05

No more Mr Nice Guy - not that many ever thought he was 🤬🤬🤬
MATT HANCOCK has hinted that he might only give a fraction of his reported £400,000 fee for appearing on I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here to charities.
The former health secretary, who came third in the ITV reality television show last month, has justified his absence from working for his constituents in West Suffolk by saying that he would donate sums to good causes.
Matt Hancock MP is reportedly earning £400,000 for I’m a Celebrity – but he has implied he will give just £4,000 of it to charity
Matt Hancock MP is reportedly earning £400,000 for I’m a Celebrity – but he has implied he will give just £4,000 of it to charity
After a row was triggered when he entered the jungle, his spokesman said: “Matt will be making a donation to St Nicholas Hospice in Suffolk, and causes supporting dyslexia, including the British Dyslexia Association, off the back of his appearance. He will, of course, declare the amount he receives from the show to Parliament to ensure complete transparency, as normal “ ”
The remarks had raised hopes that Mr Hancock might give a sizeable proportion of his reported £400,000 fee he received for going on the programme to good causes. However, in an interview at the weekend, Mr Hancock hinted that the donation might be as little as a few thousand pounds

Could we possibly arrange for him to go back to the tanks of toads and eels, to the snakes and tarantulas? .

henetha Tue 06-Dec-22 09:50:56

I read somewhere that he planned to give £100,00 to charity.
I can't vouch for that being accurate though.

GagaJo Tue 06-Dec-22 10:09:57

I'd expect nothing less than the millionaire, lying adulterer Hancock to renege on his commitment to the charities that could really have used the money he promised.

Grantanow Tue 06-Dec-22 12:38:24

As he is a Tory I know what he will do.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 12:48:46

henetha

I read somewhere that he planned to give £100,00 to charity.
I can't vouch for that being accurate though.

He may say he “planned” but look at my post. hmm

Oreo Tue 06-Dec-22 13:19:54

He’s not my fave person but shall we see what he actually gives to charities before hanging drawing and quartering him.

henetha Tue 06-Dec-22 19:09:50

Well yes, just because I read it doesn't make it true. If he has any decency he should make it a generous donation.
But yes, Oreo, let's just see.