Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT Marina coil and evorel 50.....

(6 Posts)
scentofawoman Fri 04-Nov-22 10:18:27

Hello ladies just thought I'd let you know my personal experience.
I'm nearly 60 and my meno symptoms hit hard at 55! since then I pretty much tried every combo known! Some seemed to help for a while but then the constant bleeds would start and the awful fatigue that went with it!
To be fair my GP suggested the coil a few times but having had probs with progesterone in the past and the thought of it I kept refusing. Anyway after yet another heavy bleed from evorel conti and being told my uterus lining was thinkening I had few options left so off I go to get a coil fitted...I had it fitted on August the 28th for me it was painless and absolutely no or discomfort afterwards I did wonder if they had put it in!? immediately the bleeding eased but I did have a couple of weeks filled with awful anxiety at one point I thought I can't stick this any more! But hubs said try and give it a bit longer sooo glad I did! Its nearly 10weeks now and I feel like a different person sounds dramatic I know but i feel like I'm living again.
No more bleeding I don't feel tired all the time my mood is steady! I can focus and get so much done I'm so glad I stayed with it.....it's been a game changer if I can stay on this forever grea!

Sunnysideup Fri 04-Nov-22 17:55:34

That’s great, so pleased you’ve had a good experience and are feeling better. I was a late starter to HRT at 64 and still on it at 72. Hasn’t solved all the problems but am much better for it and wished I’d started it sooner.

Sassanach512 Fri 04-Nov-22 19:55:12

I was 41 when I had my first Mirena coil fitted after several years of heavy periods and various courses of drugs tried. I never looked back, the periods stopped and I was able to get my life back. I went on to have another two fitted and when that coil was due to be replaced, my doctor suggested a blood test to check my oestrogen level which turned out quite low meaning I had gone through my menopause. I feel very fortunate to have bypassed the usual horrors some women go through. I did have occasional night sweats but nothing too troublesome. I'm sure you'll never look back too, you're right it was a game changer, it certainly was for me

babyjayne Tue 06-Dec-22 12:37:27

I read an artical about the time menopause lasts.
The person writing the piece said the sweats could last for years.
I finished my menopause years ago, at least 15 years, but I still have sweats, not regularly but at least twice a month. It does get tedious as they always happen at night.
My conclusion was that some women will have sweats for years and some won't. The luck of the draw!!!!

Pippapips Tue 06-Dec-22 23:43:22

Hi new to this !
I’ve been in the menopause for 25 years after an early hysterectomy sent me straight into it Tried so many things at the moment I’m on Evorel patches still a bit unsettled keep telling myself it can’t go on much longer but then I’m 58 so who knows

Joolsp Wed 01-Mar-23 10:48:05

I’m having a replacement Mirena coil tomorrow and have picked up my Evorel patches ready. I’m 55 and thought I’d sailed through the menopause but now experiencing aching joints and sleep problems. Good to know someone on the same journey as me has found it beneficial. I’m looking forward to hopefully getting my mojo back 😁