Gransnet forums

Menopause

Discharge

(11 Posts)
Buttonjugs Fri 15-Apr-22 23:11:32

I have been experiencing unusual discharge post menopause and despite tests I still don’t know what is causing it. I have seen my GP, a gynaecologist and had tests including a smear but nothing unusual found. The discharge is profuse and makes my clitoris itchy. Then after a couple of weeks I bleed and the discharge and itching stops for about a week. It’s driving me mad, has anyone experienced something like this? I take HRT tablets low dose.

Esspee Fri 15-Apr-22 23:25:57

TMI I think. Best you see a doctor.

paddyann54 Fri 15-Apr-22 23:38:26

Is it a yeast infection type discharge ,white and thick? Could be an indication of diabetes ,get them to do blood tests ,my sister had smilar and thats what the cause was

Daisymae Sat 16-Apr-22 07:58:42

Back to the GP. You need another referral.

markrob7484 Sun 17-Apr-22 20:23:18

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Chewbacca Sun 17-Apr-22 20:32:05

Reported

Buttonjugs Sat 04-Jun-22 13:57:22

I’ve been back to the GP and was prescribed estrogen suppositories but still suffering. Apart from the tests I have used Canesten and treatment for BV but nothing has worked. My GP is convinced it’s being caused by vaginal atrophy but her solution hasn’t worked. I suppose I am going to have to see her again.

Buttonjugs Sat 04-Jun-22 13:58:22

Esspee

TMI I think. Best you see a doctor.

If I don’t put all the info then how will I find anyone with the same problem?

FarNorth Sat 04-Jun-22 14:41:26

Sorry, I have no help but just wanted to sympathise.
That sounds very annoying and worrying.
Check out paddyann's suggestion re diabetes.

polin Sat 03-Dec-22 07:20:22

I have a brown colour discharge, I started HRT patches 2 months ago haven't got intouch with ddoctors yet

ElaineI Sun 04-Dec-22 00:09:32

Post menopausal bleeding should be investigated. You should be referred to gynae to be checked out.