Gransnet forums

Menopause

Prolapse surgery advice

(4 Posts)
Fresia18 Tue 26-Oct-21 03:58:22

Hello ladies,

I’m 3 months post prolapse surgery for bladder and rectum and still feel a bulge of sorts from the bladder side. Do you think it’s still swelling? It does feel better once I rest. How long does it take to feel normal after such surgery? TIA

Sparklefizz Tue 26-Oct-21 08:47:26

Sorry to hear this, but I would advise to get it medically checked. Not wanting to worry you but a friend had this surgery and it failed and needed to be done again.

Elusivebutterfly Tue 26-Oct-21 10:42:41

I would get it checked out. I was still seeing the women's health physio at your stage post surgery (I also had a hysterectomy). She strongly stressed that I should not do too much, especially lifting and carrying (though that's impossible when you are on your own!).
I did find I ached and felt uncomfortable for about one year post surgery if I was on my feet too much or walked a lot and you are still quite early post surgery.

Fresia18 Tue 26-Oct-21 14:02:22

Thanks ladies i was seen at 7 weeks and was told all was ok. Just not sure if this bulge is swelling because it is smaller than before for sure but I’m glad to hear it takes about a year to heal smile